+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Development Squad in Pitch Brawl .......

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    It must be a very boring Bumley board.
    Its a premier league board nowadays Billy..

#dirtyleedsrules

Saw the video. Nothing to it really. Just handbags. Nowt compared to Hunter v Lee. Anyone remember that great footage of Jack Charlton chasing an Italian player around the pitch that he wanted to knock into next week? That was classy! ��

Classy??. Lol.
    Last edited by Billyni; 22-11-2017 at 10:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by alfinyalcabo View Post
    Its a premier league board nowadays Billy..

#dirtyleedsrules
    The premier league of boring barstewards.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Should have known the common sense comment would generate the usual from you. Yes I watched the video, and since when did Leeds EVER get a fair hearing from those in positions of footballing authority? (and what the f00k does it matter what the outcome of the Rhyll enquiry or who they do or don't blame going to have on Leeds FFS?

Doesn't matter a tuppenny cuss who started it, why it started, simply that it involved a Leeds team (the age of the team will be irrelevant to those I refer to in positions of authority) and that it follows hard on the heels of the "disruption" caused by Leeds fans when they launched their club-supplied flags onto the pitch at ER.

My comment didn't refer to blame (then again, why would you be interested in what it actually said). it referred to the consequences to the club and fans of actions which a few contributors here seem to think was a good thing, I respectfully disagree, you presumably don't. You're entitled to your opinion, but maybe it would be a little more worthy of respect if it wasn't couched in terms that are there simply because I was the one who posted, eh pumpkin?
    For someone who whinges relentlessly about LUFC you love name calling folk, then whinge a bit more if someone calls you something like a complete pillock or r sole..which i will refrain from.
    In most peoples view..of the video you watched and the comments on twitter (including Rhyl fans who attended) it was Rhyl acting like a division 5 sunday pub team

Carlos Corberan on twitter "We are always going to represent Leeds United with the correct behaviours and values. Proud of my players today in the way they conducted themselves"

The Welsh Daily Post-
    Rhyl FC fans have blasted their team’s behaviour with some saying they are ashamed of their hometown club after a friendly match escalated into a mass on-pitch brawl.

Hundreds took to social media to express their disgust after players from Leeds United’s under-23s team and Rhyl FC’s first team clashed.

I haven't seen anywhere Leeds being blamed for this.
    But hey don't let that stop you knocking Leeds whose young team happened to stand up to some "could have been a star" thugs

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    For someone who whinges relentlessly about LUFC you love name calling folk, then whinge a bit more if someone calls you something like a complete pillock or r sole..which i will refrain from.
    In most peoples view..of the video you watched and the comments on twitter (including Rhyl fans who attended) it was Rhyl acting like a division 5 sunday pub team

Carlos Corberan on twitter "We are always going to represent Leeds United with the correct behaviours and values. Proud of my players today in the way they conducted themselves"

The Welsh Daily Post-
    Rhyl FC fans have blasted their team’s behaviour with some saying they are ashamed of their hometown club after a friendly match escalated into a mass on-pitch brawl.

Hundreds took to social media to express their disgust after players from Leeds United’s under-23s team and Rhyl FC’s first team clashed.

I haven't seen anywhere Leeds being blamed for this.
    But hey don't let that stop you knocking Leeds whose young team happened to stand up to some "could have been a star" thugs
    I wish, just for once, that you would take the blinkers off when reading one of my posts.

None of my posts on this thread have mentioned "blame", thats your speciality. I referred only to potential consequences. Since when has it been the case that Leeds United have been treated fairly and even-handedly by the footballing authorities, no matter who our owner was/is, nor the incident that might have brought the club to the attention of those authorities, nor what others might say as to who should and shouldn't be held responsible?

I don't "tweet" so Corberans comment isn't something I'm aware of, but if a club official makes such a statement, and that is seen by the FA/FL alongside footage of young Leeds players swapping punches with a bunch of beer-bellied nonentities, I suspect a dim view will be taken, which may have consequences, CONSEQUENCES, NOT BLAME!!!!

Do I think bullies ought to be confronted, the h3ll yes. Do I think that in doing so, there is a chance that Leeds might be tarred with the same brush as the bullies who were confronted, THE H3LL YES!

No blame game, nor ANY knocking (try finding such a thing!!) of the Leeds U23 players, just mild concern that the lads behaviour, when applauded by a club official, and coming on the back of the scenes at ER during and after the Boro game, might result in something we would prefer not to happen, clear enough?

Quote Originally Posted by turfmoorspirit View Post
    xd liberals dont do humour.
    wtf?

Would like to see the young lads with baseball bats and knuckle dusters for their next game...

Nice bit of research Whitestomper. Try and gather the facts first before giving knee-jerk reactions - fully suggest certain others should inwardly digest take heed for future reference...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Nice bit of research Whitestomper. Try and gather the facts first before giving knee-jerk reactions - fully suggest certain others should inwardly digest take heed for future reference...

"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt"
    Please refer to post #26, and then look in mirror

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)