+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Development Squad in Pitch Brawl .......

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    You can't have it both ways though WTF. Initial post you said..."could/should avoid"...and now you are saying you don't blame them for standing up for themselves?? Would be a struggle to do both...
    Oz, wishing that difficult situations could be avoided and actually avoiding them are obviously different things. I definitely don't BLAME young players from defending themselves, what prompted my response were posts from a few on here who seemed to think that it was funny, humorous and no big thing. It isn't, and it might be a much bigger thing (the reference to a points deduction might not be too far from the truth if the powers that be wish it so).

Football ought to have passion, and all too often it doesn't, but controlled aggression is the name of the game, not brawling. The coachs statement that he was proud of his players is just daft, inviting criticism even from those who see it as the Rhyll clubs responsibility for creating the situation in the first place.

It might come to nothing, (here's hoping), but thinking it's "fun", and that being concerned about the consequences is "not having a sense of humour" is just dumb.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Yes WTF - your a real super brain. What are you doing on a site full of "northern , beer bellied, Leeds supporting non entities " ?
    Shouldn't you be concentrating on your next MENSA test or the next big medical breakthrough ? Anything to give the rest of us a well deserved break ...
    BTW, not quite sure where you get your quote from (northern, beer bellied etc etc etc), or maybe you thought it would be "humorous" to mash up a bunch from previous posts? Side splitting, absolutely side splitting, you should be on stage.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    Nice comeback. Seems you've even bored yourself now. You know when WTF reverts labelling other posters old "****wits" that he's really lost the plot. Will that stop his hate filled bile being pebbledashed all over this board ? Nah, mods love the "pantomime villain" apparently . Village idiot more like ....
    "Hate-filled", ???????? Being accused of thinking its ok for our young players to get beaten up is likely to generate a degree of "heat and light" from most, I would imagine. I include myself in that number.

But I don't hate Rev, I don't know him well enough to hate him, or you, or any other of those who choose to insult me rather than engage in dialogue with someone who doesn't agree with them, thats your choice.

The insults work both ways tho don't they WTF

But I have to say you are like a big girls blouse at times,a bit of a fanny to be honest

Bit of a rumble is good for their team bonding..standing together in the face of bullies

I was taught from a very early age to stand up for myself and look after myself properly..hate bullies so I was pleased to see the young pups having a pop at em.

And just for the record I don't hate anyone on this forum..apart from Alf

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post

But I have to say you are like a big girls blouse at times,a bit of a fanny to be honest

Bit of a rumble is good for their team bonding..standing together in the face of bullies

I was taught from a very early age to stand up for myself and look after myself properly..hate bullies so I was pleased to see the young pups having a pop at em.

Thing is Rev, in the video of the "brawl" there are no punches thrown by Leeds players in (dark shirts) you see Paudie O'Conner pulling away a team mate from one of their older bullys No4 who IS seen throwing punches.
    All first half even Rhyl fans have admitted their team were diving in with 2 footed tackles. This fracas started when a Leeds U23 decided to give them something back shortly after half time and the Rhyl team all pile in bit of "if you can't take it, don't give".

So a tackle none of us have seen and then these Rhyl bullies clambering and throwing punches.

Yet it's enough for WTF to go on his usual rant about LUFC and points deductions and away bans ffs.
    ALAW?

And I love you too Rev!

I say again, for the ump****th time, I don't BLAME the lads for responding, from what has been reported they were constantly provoked and I agree (yes, I do) that fighting as a team can help bonding. My point, one and only point, was that the authorities will do what they do, no matter what, and on-pitch brawling simply opens up the club to sanctions which at any point in the season is to be avoided if possible, and particularly at present given the fragility of the 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Thing is Rev, in the video of the "brawl" there are no punches thrown by Leeds players in (dark shirts) you see Paudie O'Conner pulling away a team mate from one of their older bullys No4 who IS seen throwing punches.
    All first half even Rhyl fans have admitted their team were diving in with 2 footed tackles. This fracas started when a Leeds U23 decided to give them something back shortly after half time and the Rhyl team all pile in bit of "if you can't take it, don't give".

So a tackle none of us have seen and then these Rhyl bullies clambering and throwing punches.

Yet it's enough for WTF to go on his usual rant about LUFC and points deductions and away bans ffs.
    ALAW?
    Err, do you actually read what you say before you press the "post" button?

Post #6 (Go back, its not so far, and see who posted it)

"Nice to see the fighting spirit in our young lads.

Don't be surprised if we get a fine and a 10 point deduction

Well..it is Leeds after all "

Don't doubt it was meant in jest, but often a jest turns out to be reality, but it wasn't me who made first mention of points deductions, ok pumpkin?

BTW Rev, I take exception to the "big girls blouse" & "fanny" reference, given the sh1t I get thrown at me by just about every other contributor (some of which I react to in kind, surprise, surprise, but most of it is water off a ducks back tbh).

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Err, do you actually read what you say before you press the "post" button?

Post #6 (Go back, its not so far, and see who posted it)

"Nice to see the fighting spirit in our young lads.

Don't be surprised if we get a fine and a 10 point deduction

Well..it is Leeds after all "

Don't doubt it was meant in jest, but often a jest turns out to be reality, but it wasn't me who made first mention of points deductions, ok pumpkin?
    Pumpkin..yes i do you nob jockey..i know full well that post was in jest..it was the next one..by our resident doom monger who always trys to back track

Quote Originally Posted by whitestomper45 View Post
    Pumpkin..yes i do you nob jockey..i know full well that post was in jest..it was the next one..by our resident doom monger who always trys to back track
    No backtracking at all, meant every word I posted, simply pointing out the origin of the reference to points deduction

Btw, lovely turn of phrase there, "nob jockey", no idea what it means, but good for a laugh I suppose, toodle pip, sweetcheeks

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)