+ Visit Blackburn Rovers FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oxford match report

Oxford match report

What a first half performance
    We should of been 5-1 up at half time let alone 3
    Defensively and offensively strong and Oxford looked battered and dejected by the 3rd goal
    Second half however we sat back and produced a quite sub standard display but even by doing that we still looked far better than Oxford who did not look like a team battling for a play off place
    So as a whole we were very good as an attacking unit defensively ok
    Hope the Evans injury isn't too bad he was very strong and destroyed any attacks Oxford had
    On the whole a very happy rover here and travelled home with a happy Leeds fan who said we were good which is very high praise from a bloody grumpy git.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    What a first half performance
    We should of been 5-1 up at half time let alone 3
    Defensively and offensively strong and Oxford looked battered and dejected by the 3rd goal
    Second half however we sat back and produced a quite sub standard display but even by doing that we still looked far better than Oxford who did not look like a team battling for a play off place
    So as a whole we were very good as an attacking unit defensively ok
    Hope the Evans injury isn't too bad he was very strong and destroyed any attacks Oxford had
    On the whole a very happy rover here and travelled home with a happy Leeds fan who said we were good which is very high praise from a bloody grumpy git.
    It was annoying that first Oxford goal went in off the post, Robin. Things like that always seem to change the momentum a bit. I thought Dack was fouled in the build-up, anyway.
    The defence was a bit shaky for about twenty minutes after Evans' cover was lost. I thought Whittingham would have been a safer bet as a replacement, to be honest.

I think given what he had available possibly he made the right call with harper as in a sort of like for like sadly the youngster didn't grab the opportunity with both hands
    Looked to comfortable and very often pressured
    As for the goal yes very fortuitous but their second goal was just poor concentration
    On the whole though let's bathe in glory again and look forward to a hopeful 3 points against a not great Bristol rovers team.

Nuttall has grabbed his chance though!! Big time.

Not much to add after last nights brilliant performance. 7 away goals in 2 games. We are battering most of the sides around us, we haven't lost to any of the top 8-10, we have beaten most with ease. This has put to bed this early season record of not winning after an international break. Imagine the moaning, negative crap if we had lost at Bury like Shrewsbury did? We will be in the top 2 by xmas or just after. We are building a head of steam at the rite time here. Nobody will want to play us, its a pity we cant get a few more at Ewood to help us at home matches. They will return bit by bit over the season the better we do.

Personally, I couldn't care less about us conceding the odd goal when the game was well and truly over. Pretty much any side in world football will lose concentration after beating a side with ease. Its human nature to take the foot off the gas. If that's the only negative, things are very good.
    Last edited by champs95; 22-11-2017 at 03:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Nuttall has grabbed his chance though!! Big time.

Not much to add after last nights brilliant performance. 7 away goals in 2 games. We are battering most of the sides around us, we haven't lost to any of the top 8-10, we have beaten most with ease. This has put to bed this early season record of not winning after an international break. Imagine the moaning, negative crap if we had lost at Bury like Shrewsbury did? We will be in the top 2 by xmas or just after. We are building a head of steam at the rite time here. Nobody will want to play us, its a pity we cant get a few more at Ewood to help us at home matches. They will return bit by bit over the season the better we do.

Personally, I couldn't care less about us conceding the odd goal when the game was well and truly over. Pretty much any side in world football will lose concentration after beating a side with ease. Its human nature to take the foot off the gas. If that's the only negative, things are very good.
    Good points, Champs. We are at last converting a high percentage of chances. The failure to do so has plagued us over the last five-six years.

Quote Originally Posted by AucklandRover View Post
    Good points, Champs. We are at last converting a high percentage of chances. The failure to do so has plagued us over the last five-six years.
    That's the only reason we aren't sat in the top 2 this season aswell Auks. We just haven't been clinical enough. The chances where being created. The other thing is, we have been doing this without Chapman, who was probably the most creative player. Dack has really stepped up though now. A very impressive player.

Thanks for the good post Robin. And I am glad you got to see a great Rovers performance. And away games this season have been such a good day/evening out. And now you also have seen for yourself and I am not on happy pills!! ha
    Any ideas how many we took? What's the Kassam stadium like?

A nice stadium champs with 3 sides strangely
    We had about 800 not too bad for a Tuesday night.

Quote Originally Posted by robinrover View Post
    A nice stadium champs with 3 sides strangely
    We had about 800 not too bad for a Tuesday night.

Yeah, whenever I see it on TV I always wonder why they don't put a stand behind that one goal? It looks a nice, neat little stadium. 800 is decent. Our away following this season has been immense. Glad you enjoyed it pal. Its strange as almost all the local away games now have been played. Only really Fleetwood, Blackpool (which is now Tues night) Rotherham and Donny away that are close. 2nd half of this season we have some long away trips. At least you will get to see the lads??

Quote Originally Posted by champs95 View Post
    Yeah, whenever I see it on TV I always wonder why they don't put a stand behind that one goal? It looks a nice, neat little stadium. 800 is decent. Our away following this season has been immense. Glad you enjoyed it pal. Its strange as almost all the local away games now have been played. Only really Fleetwood, Blackpool (which is now Tues night) Rotherham and Donny away that are close. 2nd half of this season we have some long away trips. At least you will get to see the lads??
    I think the Blackpool game will be a cracker, Champs. I imagine Bowyer will have his team fired up, and they had 22 goal attempts on Tuesday before the opposition equalised in the last minute. I don't reckon GB will be playing ten men behind the ball!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)