+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Predictions Middlesbrough v Derby

Predictions Middlesbrough v Derby

Games coming thick and fast. Derby travel up north to face fellow promotion chasing rivals Boro. Afraid I can't see an away win. Beware of Britt too.
    2-1 home win.

Another unique prize on offer. The correct score line winner gets 2 invites to Robert Mugabe's 95th birthday bash.

A point will be a good one.

2-1 defeat

we might grind out a dull 0-0 draw - the usual "wait and see" style of play in the first half, followed by a "lets not change anything and keep waiting" in the second. 42% possession, 2 shots, none on goal. 1 corner

Feeling a bit optimistic today RR??

Bogey team. 3-1 to 'borough.

I feel torn by the curious scenario of getting decent results but playing such fundamentally poor football, seemingly lacking guile. I get that Rowett appears to be spending the first half looking at what the opposition is doing before changing up in the second half and hopefully finding the key to winning the game, but I am not sure how effective this is when we concede the first goal (eg Reading): although it worked at Leeds. I just feel a lack of confidence and fragility is there and if the defence has an off day, we will struggle. I have yet to learn to love this team and tactics but results will go a long way to earning that love!

Only time I remember us playing decent football in recent years was under Mac1. In his second spell we got sussed out & teams sat back & played on the break, or pressed us; we were awful!

We were woeful under Clough, but because of his name we gave him time. Seems, despite being better than Clough, we are not prepared to give Rowett the same space.
    Last edited by KingCharlieGeorge; 22-11-2017 at 06:22 PM. Reason: typo

2-0 Boro, bogey team and they will surely be too good for us, but hey its a strange season so who knows?

We traditionally don't do well against Borough and with the team scraping wins I can't see this being any different. Lawrence may have some confidence given he has now scored his first goal and Vydra keeps scoring, given the chance.......................so 1-1 for ne if the defence turns up !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)