+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: So some people left early

So some people left early

Always get the whingers about leaving early when the team is losing. Don't these people know it happens to EVERY team if they're 2 or 3 goals down with 10 minutes to go. Especially mid week night games. Man U, Liverpool, Accrington Stanley, even the Pigs. Thought the most amazing thing was the numbers who stayed and gave them an ovation when they went off, me included, but if I had to get up early to get to work or had to get public transport home I might have been tempted.

I left early...under Heath and Adkins.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    Always get the whingers about leaving early when the team is losing. Don't these people know it happens to EVERY team if they're 2 or 3 goals down with 10 minutes to go. Especially mid week night games. Man U, Liverpool, Accrington Stanley, even the Pigs. Thought the most amazing thing was the numbers who stayed and gave them an ovation when they went off, me included, but if I had to get up early to get to work or had to get public transport home I might have been tempted.
    Totally agree mahat, but you're going to get the usual 'but you wouldn't leave a film early would you? brigade. For me its always been a judgement call whether to leave or not. Like Gray , I too have left early when the outcome is obvious ( thas why you rarely leave before the end of he film) . Sometimes when we've played. it been obvious we wouldn't score if we played all week. I think over 40 odd years of watching the Blades, I've only missed a couple of goals that countedfor anyhing really. Last night, my lad wanted to leave with 12 to go, i said no hang on theres something in his you can tell with united) thas the judgement call. So w stayed, nearly witnessed one of the greate comebacks ever, and stood and applauded the players off.

The other thing is, as you've alluded to, people do have comitmenst AND they've stumped up good money, so they can leave whetever time they choose for me. Other thing is, just because someones left their seat doesnt mean they aren't watching it on the screens on the concourse as a lot do.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    I have only ever left early, that was when we played Sunderland back in the early 90s I think, we were drawing 0-0 up until Paul Beesley gifted Marco Gabbiadini 2 goals, I just reacted by leaving the back exit on the Kop,

Other than this I never ever leave early, even when we have been getting mullered as what has happened a couple of times over the years.

Blackpool at home was a nightmare back in the eighties when we got smashed 5-0 and I always will remember the 5 - 0 home defeat by Oldham when Mcewan resigned at half time in the dressing room,

There is no point leaving early just because we are getting hammered, that's even putting aside with what happened last night.

UTB

worse for me is actually when were winning and playing really well and some fans on the kop leave with 10 minutes to go not even staying to clap the team off could never do that of course its everybodys personal choice theyve paid there cash but i just feel the present team under chris and alan deserve a little better than that

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    worse for me is actually when were winning and playing really well and some fans on the kop leave with 10 minutes to go not even staying to clap the team off could never do that of course its everybodys personal choice theyve paid there cash but i just feel the present team under chris and alan deserve a little better than that
    Have to say i don't see the problem,i usually watch any injury time on't concourse cos i don't wanna keep my son waitin in't car(He sits on South Stand i sit in't John Street stand and i walk alot slower than he does)and don't forget accordin to the Bolton brainbox(who's neva wrong) i'm the BESTEST BIGGEST TRUE BLADE EVER,so theer. UTCB

I would wager that just as we are about to be handed the Champions league trophy,some of our fans would leave,to beat the traffic

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I would wager that just as we are about to be handed the Champions league trophy,some of our fans would leave,to beat the traffic
    At least they turn up to support our BLADES,unlike some wi a King Kev fobia Blockmod.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Have to say i don't see the problem,i usually watch any injury time on't concourse cos i don't wanna keep my son waitin in't car(He sits on South Stand i sit in't John Street stand and i walk alot slower than he does)and don't forget accordin to the Bolton brainbox(who's neva wrong) i'm the BESTEST BIGGEST TRUE BLADE EVER,so theer. UTCB
    He's not going to drive off and leave you though is he,for the sake of a few minutes,this team deserves to be clapped at the final whistle,win ,lose or draw

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Now unless its life or death or you have to get the last train to the outer Hebrides, leaving then would be plain daft!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast