+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frecklington staying upbeat ahead of Wigan test

Frecklington staying upbeat ahead of Wigan test

Frex : "It's all about consistency, the gaffer has been saying that from day one."

I agree. Consistency, in my opinion, is the biggest difference between the top players and clubs and the likes of us. We have several players capable of playing a blinder, scoring a "worldy" goal, pulling off a brilliant save etc. but not on anything like a regular basis.
    Lack of consistency is a feature of the lower leagues but especially so for us, it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Frex : "It's all about consistency, the gaffer has been saying that from day one."

I agree. Consistency, in my opinion, is the biggest difference between the top players and clubs and the likes of us. We have several players capable of playing a blinder, scoring a "worldy" goal, pulling off a brilliant save etc. but not on anything like a regular basis.
    Lack of consistency is a feature of the lower leagues but especially so for us, it seems.
    Very true and consistency also includes being fit enough to play and not being unavailable for half of the season.

"the gaffer has been saying that from day one" So there is some consistency after all.
    Shame about Frex fitness. They keep patching him up and trotting him out. If he was a horse they would probably have shot him by now.

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    "the gaffer has been saying that from day one" So there is some consistency after all.
    Shame about Frex fitness. They keep patching him up and trotting him out. If he was a horse they would probably have shot him by now.
    He's still better than Vaulks even if he's only half fit.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    He's still better than Vaulks even if he's only half fit.
    He could be better than Ronaldo but would still be useless to us if he’s not on the pitch.

I’m better than Vaulks

You've got me biting. If don't want Vaulks let him go in January. Whose that going to leave us with. Out of our actual players not loans would say only Ihiewke & Vaulks do there job. Can't see Potter lasting the season & which Williams is going to turn up.

With Vaulks need play him right. He's not a defensive midfielder. Getting forward, with best shot at the club. But Potter needs someone with him. That's the problem.
    Last edited by gwru; 22-11-2017 at 07:00 PM.

Consistent in changing back five

I want Vaulks Gwru, I believe he can take Frecks place when needed

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    You've got me biting. If don't want Vaulks let him go in January. Whose that going to leave us with. Out of our actual players not loans would say only Ihiewke & Vaulks do there job. Can't see Potter lasting the season & which Williams is going to turn up.

With Vaulks need play him right. He's not a defensive midfielder. Getting forward, with best shot at the club. But Potter needs someone with him. That's the problem.
    I'm not against Vaulks. He's a talented player but rarely performs at his best. I see him get the ball and say to myself "come on Vaulks - make a decent pass" and invariably groan when he doesn't

You keep saying "best shot at the club" but he's scored 2 goals in 40 odd matches and I don't recall him even coming close on too many occasions. Again - no consistency

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast