+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Interview with Uncle Neil

Interview with Uncle Neil

Large chunks of it are on his time with us.

https://www.theleaguepaper.com/featu...-neil-warnock/

So we didn't offer what he asked for or he would have stayed. Sound financial decision TS

Is that the whole story though? If, at the end of the season, NW had said what he wanted to stay and TS said he wasn't prepared to meet his demands, why the delay?
    I think there must be some truth in the theory that NW kept Rotherham waiting to see if a better deal came up elsewhere. If so, TS shouldn't have played that game. He should have looked for a new manager straight away.
    Even if it was as simple as not meeting Warnock's demands we can't really judge the soundness of the decision without knowing how much NW wanted

Nice article.

For me, that was the start of the current position we find ourselves in. TS could have saved his sponsorship money, invested in NW, got a return for simply staying in the championship and listening to the advice NW would have given in order to start building the club's infrastructure for a sustainable future in the Championship. If NW had wanted £2 million it would still have been worth it imo and Stewart would have had change to spend or use as he had wanted. Wasn't it £3.7 million he gave in sponsorship?

We would still be getting Championship revenues, Championship crowds, Championship atmospheres. No brainer, he would have stayed. What did we do? Stubbs................ and the rest is history

Quote Originally Posted by wrinkly View Post
    Is that the whole story though? If, at the end of the season, NW had said what he wanted to stay and TS said he wasn't prepared to meet his demands, why the delay?
    I think there must be some truth in the theory that NW kept Rotherham waiting to see if a better deal came up elsewhere. If so, TS shouldn't have played that game. He should have looked for a new manager straight away.
    Even if it was as simple as not meeting Warnock's demands we can't really judge the soundness of the decision without knowing how much NW wanted
    Agree

Tony Stewart is the man. Warnock & his 2 henchmen would have wanted a min' of £3 1/2 million for the season to stop. Everybody on here is good at spending someone else's money. Then he'd have wanted a better class of player in. Were was the money coming from. Move on.

I think you're right GWRU.
    I would imagine the budget for players would have been very very high.
    Nowt left for Uncle Tone's grandchildren. Shame but unsustainable

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Tony Stewart is the man. Warnock & his 2 henchmen would have wanted a min' of £3 1/2 million for the season to stop. Everybody on here is good at spending someone else's money. Then he'd have wanted a better class of player in. Were was the money coming from. Move on.
    Yeah I agree, sadly though we haven’t yet.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    So you know all the figures...like you know rotherham players..and your horses...id go back to sleep if i was you...that way you cant make yourself look a complete bell...

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Nice article.

For me, that was the start of the current position we find ourselves in. TS could have saved his sponsorship money, invested in NW, got a return for simply staying in the championship and listening to the advice NW would have given in order to start building the club's infrastructure for a sustainable future in the Championship. If NW had wanted £2 million it would still have been worth it imo and Stewart would have had change to spend or use as he had wanted. Wasn't it £3.7 million he gave in sponsorship?

We would still be getting Championship revenues, Championship crowds, Championship atmospheres. No brainer, he would have stayed. What did we do? Stubbs................ and the rest is history
    I'm not sure what you mean by "saved his sponsorship money". Surely whatever money he put into the club was spent, probably on wages. I don't know how appointing Warnock would have saved any money.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast