+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Interview with Uncle Neil

PeteWaller : quote

An investment in and with NW would have been the answer. We missed a trick and now we will not be able to attract anything of worth in the managerial stakes or player stakes. I doubt even Hursty would come now. Why would he?

As loyal as you are George, I can't believe you are enjoying your RUFC footy like you did.[/QUOTE]

Fair comment Pete.
    You should do what we do and take things at face value and keep an open mind.
    We didn't miss a trick with NW, we missed a trick when we won on pens at Wembley.
    You keep mentioning a " big budget"
    What big budget ?
    Last season Charlton had the biggest budget in League 1, they finished mid-table or just above.

My advice Pete is if you're not enjoying the football then walk away, perhaps 'cherry pick' a few matches in League 1 next season.
    Plenty of other things to spend your hard earned cash on.

EDIT: my guess is it may take 4/5 seasons to get anywhere near the Championship.

Take care Pete.

U.T.M.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 23-11-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Oh Frog you are naughty as you said you’d never leak that story out.....
    I was talking hypethetically Brin.

No one will think of it as being true. Should I delete it?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I was talking hypethetically Brin.

No one will think of it as being true. Should I delete it?
    Leave it pal it’s factual so leave it on.

Warnock saved us, thank you Neil but boy did he use the situation to better himself but that’s football.

Warnock for me will always go down as one of the best managers for our club.

The unattributal words I heard were 'It would have made made him the highest paid manager in the Championship'

Quote Originally Posted by Muchthemillersson View Post
    The unattributal words I heard were 'It would have made made him the highest paid manager in the Championship'
    I believe Neil was paid more for his short stint than Steve Evans in 4 plus years.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    I believe Neil was paid more for his short stint than Steve Evans in 4 plus years.
    Whatever NW cost he was worth it. He did the job that he was paid to do.

Quality costs and hopefully delivers ............ he did.

What I don't understand is why we invested so much in NW to try and stay up, achieve that goal and then let it slip. We could have been relegated a season earlier and saved everyone the agony of last season.

Now we have Pinky and Perky in charge and delivering comic relief.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by PeteWaller View Post
    Whatever NW cost he was worth it. He did the job that he was paid to do.

Quality costs and hopefully delivers ............ he did.

What I don't understand is why we invested so much in NW to try and stay up, achieve that goal and then let it slip.

UTM
    This is one of the Rotherham United mysteries.

I honestly believe that TS was under the impression that NW was going to stay on as boss for the following season. The delay by NW wasn't fair and something that TS didn't merit.
    The rush then to employ a new manager along with new players was a catastophe. The money wasted was enough to have paid NW what he was demanding but it wouldn't have left anything in the pot to buy any decent players.

History is a great source of knowledge but TS doesn't have that much history to look back on you then have to rely on the advice of others.

On that note, whoever gave TS the advice is an utter cabbage!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123