+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes down under

Saw they'd won the toss last night and decided against listening early on,sounded like a poor start again they got their act together 2nd session but its too late then. I feel englands missed a trick with this bein effectively a dead rubber we can't keep doin the same things over and over again and expect to achieve a different result

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Saw they'd won the toss last night and decided against listening early on,sounded like a poor start again they got their act together 2nd session but its too late then. I feel englands missed a trick with this bein effectively a dead rubber we can't keep doin the same things over and over again and expect to achieve a different result
    Well at least you've got a century wi this thread Bully,i hope you've dothed your cap? Don't forget to do doth your cap this afternoon when ya enter BDBL if ya get theeer.Hope your lass and you had a good Xmas mate.UTCB

A ray of sunshine at last on this disaster of a tour Stuart broad finding line and length that doesn't get him knocked around the ground, the Aussies chipping in with a tail end batting collapse and Cooky at last remembering to take his bat out in the middle (thanks given to steve smiths last over for getting him over the line) our joe 1 run away from another half century what an excellent day for us,pity it's come all too late,can we follow it up tomorrow or will we revert to type

A ray of sunshine at last on this disaster of a tour Stuart broad finding line and length that doesn't get him knocked around the ground, the Aussies chipping in with a tail end batting collapse and Cooky at last remembering to take his bat out in the middle (thanks given to steve smiths last over for getting him over the line) our joe 1 run away from another half century what an excellent day for us,pity it's come all too late,can we follow it up tomorrow or will we revert to type
    As you say Bully, at last a full day of positive England cricket.Too little too late?

Well, every test match is an event in itself, and certainly is in Melbourne for the Boxing day test, so far 154.000 in over 2 days.Just read a lad who contrubtes a lot on the Yorks forum,ho's just come back from the first 3 tests and knos his stuff, and he reckons we have performed much better than last time's whitewash.

Hopefully we will restore some pride and, to be fair, they look relatively ordinary without the real pace available- a bit like us.Difference is they have a proper spinner worth his place for that alone- we don't- should have taken Leach of Somerset.

Late night ahead with fingers crossed for Joe and the rest.

I said after last test there was chinks of light,and it was the experienced guys who had let themselves down well today some of them redeemed themselves,no one expected us to do well down there with the squad we took,hopefully we will make a game of these last 2 tests and restore some pride,I think we look a different side when cook plays well and our strike bowlers bowl as we know they can,not got to go all gung ho and we can post a decent score with a lead for once and give ourselves a chance,fingers crossed

I know what you're sayin TT about each test an all that it just feels like scoring a couple of 2nd half goals after conceding 4 in the first half
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 27-12-2017 at 10:35 AM.

About time

I said after last test there was chinks of light,and it was the experienced guys who had let themselves down well today some of them redeemed themselves,no one expected us to do well down there with the squad we took,hopefully we will make a game of these last 2 tests and restore some pride,I think we look a different side when cook plays well and our strike bowlers bowl as we know they can,not got to go all gung ho and we can post a decent score with a lead for once and give ourselves a chance,fingers crossed

I know what you're sayin TT about each test an all that it just feels like scoring a couple of 2nd half goals after conceding 4 in the first half
    Agreed Bully, small consolation in the context of a series. Broad in particular has a knack of just doing enough to maintain his place. What an overseas series shows is the positive effect English conditions have on some, Woakes in particular, who looks very ordinary over there yet swings and seams it over here.
    The good news is that, by and large, it's the same for their bowlers over here, rapid pace apart.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Agreed Bully, small consolation in the context of a series. Broad in particular has a knack of just doing enough to maintain his place. What an overseas series shows is the positive effect English conditions have on some, Woakes in particular, who looks very ordinary over there yet swings and seams it over here.
    The good news is that, by and large, it's the same for their bowlers over here, rapid pace apart.
    All test matches should be played using the Dukes ball,worldwide

That's the thing tho TT they earn the majority of their coin in England,we only play once every four yrs in oz,we groom players to be good in our country as do most other nations if truth be told,it's becoming more obvious of late home sides beating the tourists,I don't thank wam bam cricket helps develop players for test series either they can't play a boycott style patient building innings,I'd suggest them sitting down to watch a video of smiths last innings but technically he's a one off I think you get my drift tho not giving anything away bein patient and taking whatever gifts we threw at him,Malan could have done the same but had a rush of blood and threw his wicket away maybe it's a bit harsh considering the rest johnny apart floundered but that was the difference for me we folded and they just kept on going

Let's hope we dunt see yet another England collapse,it'd be luvly for Our Joe to get a ton.UTCB

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast