+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes down under

I'd have rather joe come out and give his take on the situation both his main strike bowlers had broke through before lunch within a couple of overs of the new ball bein taken jimmy had bowled just 3 overs for 2 runs and was swinging the ball all over it defies all logic not to keep him and broady on after lunch,typical that they skirt round the issue by asking the bowler who had no say in it instead of the captain who made the mystifying decision

Thanking my lucky stars I can't watch this turns out the 1st innings was a only a practice run for the real collapse,3 wickets for one run ! absolute carnage

Bye bye little urn

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Thanking my lucky stars I can't watch this turns out the 1st innings was a only a practice run for the real collapse,3 wickets for one run ! absolute carnage

Bye bye little urn
    Chuff knows how England will go on when the Aussies get on a wicket wi genuine pace Bully.Ya can just imagine the hammer an England skipper other than our Joe wudda got if the crazy decision over Jimmy &Broad can't ya? Some posters do have double standards mi thinks. UTCB

Englands 2nd string bowlers just aren't good enough why we didn't take some genuine pace with us is another mystifying decision pace is always king down under plunkett should have gone another problem is Lyon has upped his game and is a 1st class spinner now Ali just isn't in the same league Bairstow is nullified at 7 he gets about 20 mins with someone who can bat then has to start playin shots before the tail gets out (if you blinked you'd have missed that today) really missing stokes but can't argue with his omission. Poor joe has been sent to do a job with inferior tools and anybody who has tried that knows how it ends up

Not even mentioned the main batsmen stoneman did well yesterday to survive but we've handed the Aussie bowlers the initiative and given them the confidence to really attack us for the rest of the series missed a great chance to lay a marker and set the tone for the series,I fear the die has been cast
    Last edited by bulmer1889; 26-11-2017 at 08:43 AM.

If we don't win at Adelaide I can see us losing 0-5 again,JB should swop places in the batting order with Moeen I reckon,and can anyone tell me the point of Jake Ball even being in the squad is,never mind the team?

Yours Angry of Yorkshire

Hello mr angry of Yorkshire I'm in agreement with you,I think we may have taken the brakes off the juggernaut

Yours mr pessimistic

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    If we don't win at Adelaide I can see us losing 0-5 again,JB should swop places in the batting order with Moeen I reckon,and can anyone tell me the point of Jake Ball even being in the squad is,never mind the team?

Yours Angry of Yorkshire
    Jonny Bairstow has headbutted one of the Aussie batsmen(Cameron Bancroft) in Perth a few weeks ago(allegedly)ECB investigatin.UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 26-11-2017 at 01:29 PM.

10 wkt defeat the result of poor captaincy,poor battin and the bowlin not bein anywhere near good enuff,hopefully all will improve dramatically for the next test.Could someone explain why our Joe's captaincy decisions gets away wi no criticism from our resident Cricket "experts" please.It seems there was nowt in't Jonny's "headbutt"incident just the media tryin to cause trouble,what a suprise. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 27-11-2017 at 07:55 AM.

How long does these clueless coppers take to investigate the Ben Stokes incident?,get him on the next plane over,get Mark Wood into the team as well,we need to fight fire with fire,they send bouncers down,we should be sending twice the number of bouncers down,big test in Adelaide,win that it's ***** or I fear the worst,and send Jake Ball home and replace him with Liam Plunkett

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    How long does these clueless coppers take to investigate the Ben Stokes incident?,get him on the next plane over,get Mark Wood into the team as well,we need to fight fire with fire,they send bouncers down,we should be sending twice the number of bouncers down,big test in Adelaide,win that it's ***** or I fear the worst,and send Jake Ball home and replace him with Liam Plunkett
    Skipper mistakes,why no comment Blockmod? Are ya scared of upsettin the Bolton brainbox or what? U/23's playin Scabs at Stocky today 2pm ko,if you're goin get wrapped up. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 27-11-2017 at 08:14 AM.

Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast