+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes down under

Problem will be rod we'll be starting our innings at the worst time of day under the lights all we can hope is the ball does what it did on day one and not last night otherwise it could all be over with a day to spare

Looks like the penny's finally dropped with the bowlers re length and with the captain re using your best bowlers

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Looks like the penny's finally dropped with the bowlers re length and with the captain re using your best bowlers
    We're not allowed to offer any criticism of Our JOE,if ya do you may be called names Bully,you've been warned mi owd pal.At least England look like they're mekin a bit of a f8 of it,even tho Cooky's just gone,53-1.2nd wicket gone nar(Stoneman). Come on JOE time to find thi form lad. UTCB
    Last edited by rodcurrie; 05-12-2017 at 07:34 AM.

If England manage to win this test(highly unlikely i know) would it be a bigger shock than what happened in Bothams ashes at Headingley,not for me but i wonder what others think.UTCB

They're dead men walking Rod - even I know that.......give the captaincy back to Cook..........and I know nowt about owt
    Last edited by Ayamonteblade; 05-12-2017 at 07:39 PM.

Listening to tms yesterday and Glen Magrath was saying that he wondered if the aussie captain Smith had made a huge mistake in declaring when he did, ala Nasser hussain over here for england years ago in the second test and the aussies went on to win it and the series, after we had pummeled them in the first test of that series. They were saying that both Rooty and Smith had made huge mistakes in the first innings but Joe seemed to have learn't from that.

Quote Originally Posted by diode_blade View Post
    Listening to tms yesterday and Glen Magrath was saying that he wondered if the aussie captain Smith had made a huge mistake in declaring when he did, ala Nasser hussain over here for england years ago in the second test and the aussies went on to win it and the series, after we had pummeled them in the first test of that series. They were saying that both Rooty and Smith had made huge mistakes in the first innings but Joe seemed to have learn't from that.
    Well them on TMS can go and get f***** no one and i meam no one is allowed to criticise our JOE.Monte has mi dear owd dad used to say "It's the hope the that kills ya" England lost 6wickets in't first session of the day,Our JOE sez we're still in the series, oh dearie me. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Well them on TMS can go and get f***** no one and i meam no one is allowed to criticise our JOE.Monte has mi dear owd dad used to say "It's the hope the that kills ya" England lost 6wickets in't first session of the day,Our JOE sez we're still in the series, oh dearie me. UTCB
    Joe is a better leader of men than Arthur Scargill

Quote Originally Posted by Ayamonteblade View Post
    They're dead men walking Rod - even I know that.......give the captaincy back to Cook..........and I know nowt about owt
    Its not the Captain who is the problem Aya,they got tommy guns,we got bow and arrows,Cook will retire after this tour i reckon anyhoo

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Joe is a better leader of men than Arthur Scargill
    Not to a brain dead TB donkey he's not Blocky.

Had the bowlers exploited the conditions on the first day , which were the most English like conditions of the match, then the result could have been different.

Most of the rest of the time the pitch and conditions have been similar for both so that first session , where we should have had an advantage, was critical.

However, why let the facts get in the way of a misguided hatchet job on one of our own?

If it wasn't so pathetic it would be laughable but it's not, it's inexplicable from those who supposedly support all things Blades related - unless it can be used to try to make some trivial, nonsensical argument with an attempt at cheap point scoring.

The TB complains when told he's not worth responding to because of the lack of logic in his argument then continues to post illogical clap trap ad nauseum.

Thick as.................

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast