+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Ashes down under

Just about sums this series up that,you'd like to think lessons would be learned but why would this series be any different to any of the the others

Let's move blindly on

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Just about sums this series up that,you'd like to think lessons would be learned but why would this series be any different to any of the the others

Let's move blindly on
    All so predictable Bully wasn't it? I fear for the future of Test Cricket,cos really it's only the Ashes that gets big support and for how long if each series is so easy to predict the outcome? I hope our Joe's makes a good recovery.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post

Let's move blindly on
    The only glimmer of hope we have is that Joe will impose his thoughts/ standards on the selection process.

Piggy Vaughan again told the truth this morning when he said that all this trying to look for the positives is so much stuff and nonsense when people are getting excited about a leg spin bowler who, on debut, got 1 for 190 odd.

There was an hilarious ( for us Blades) section of commentary where he spent about 10 minutes discussing a game based on throwing pigs ( a bit like dice) and scoring points for how they landed.

To sum up Anderon, Malan, Bairstow and Root ( not to the extent we expected) performed well. As for the rest.... back to the drawing board.........................yet again.

I'm tipping no lessons will be learned and in 4 years time,it will be repeated

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I'm tipping no lessons will be learned and in 4 years time,it will be repeated
    Don't doubt that BlockD but will we have won the Holy Grail of the 50 over world cup and be 'enjoying' a city based T20 competition that no one wants?

Certainly the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Don't doubt that BlockD but will we have won the Holy Grail of the 50 over world cup and be 'enjoying' a city based T20 competition that no one wants?

Certainly the latter.
    No to both TT,I will certainly not be supporting or taking any interest in a team based in Leeds

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    No to both TT,I will certainly not be supporting or taking any interest in a team based in Leeds
    Think you're right.

Trying to create a tournament based on plastic fans wearing garish merchandise shouting for players no one recognises will not work

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Think you're right.

Trying to create a tournament based on plastic fans wearing garish merchandise shouting for players no one recognises will not work
    Plastic fans,reminds me of someone on BLADESmad.Have a nice evenin BLADESfolk. UTCB

Triffic performance in the first ODI by England,won by 5wickets(308-5) and ROY gets 180 and our Joe makes 90 odd not out,really pleased for em after the Ashes debacle.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Triffic performance in the first ODI by England,won by 5wickets(308-5) and ROY gets 180 and our Joe makes 90 odd not out,really pleased for em after the Ashes debacle.UTCB
    Fantastic effort from Joe and Jason Roy,but the tone was set by Plunkett and Wood,bowling above 90 mph at that little **** and the rest of the cocksure Convicts,Morgan has got the firepower Joe should have had

Well done England,bloody brilliant,nice birthday present for you Bully

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast