+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Ashes down under

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    Goodbye little urn,been nice knowing you,see you in 4 years time

Shambles
    Not really a suprise mi owd pal is it? I hope Our Joe can find some consistently good battin form so we can avoid the whitewash.UTCB

They think it's all over.............................................. ...

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    They think it's all over.............................................. ...
    It was all over when Plunkett and Wood were not selected,and the ECB suspended Stokes,England should have selected Ben,abject surrender

It was all over when Plunkett and Wood were not selected,and the ECB suspended Stokes,England should have selected Ben,abject surrender
    have a like.

ECB only want to see full grounds in England.

Competitiveness comes well behind money making.

The marginalisition of anything but one day and T20 shows that.Employing Bayliss for his one day expertise, regardless of his total lack of knowledge of county cricket emphasises it.

Playing County championship cricket in April, May & September does not allow spinners or pacemen to develop their skills in conditions akin to those in OZ.

If the corporates ever stopped attending tests the ECB would fold.They are a lot like the PL, absolutely no interest in developing the grass roots.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    have a like.

ECB only want to see full grounds in England.

Competitiveness comes well behind money making.

The marginalisition of anything but one day and T20 shows that.Employing Bayliss for his one day expertise, regardless of his total lack of knowledge of county cricket emphasises it.

Playing County championship cricket in April, May & September does not allow spinners or pacemen to develop their skills in conditions akin to those in OZ.

If the corporates ever stopped attending tests the ECB would fold.They are a lot like the PL, absolutely no interest in developing the grass roots.
    Most enjoyable TMS listening of the series this morning,when rain and the groundsmans cock up led to no play before lunch,Joe looked awful in his press conference,poor lad

Most enjoyable TMS listening of the series this morning,when rain and the groundsmans cock up led to no play before lunch,Joe looked awful in his press conference,poor lad
    Our Joe's been put under alot of pressure wi the team's showin both on and off the pitch.I personally think he's made some poor decisions as skipper but there's no denyin it's a poor side we have out theer and even a thicko like me dint expect England to do much darn under.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Our Joe's been put under alot of pressure wi the team's showin both on and off the pitch.I personally think he's made some poor decisions as skipper but there's no denyin it's a poor side we have out theer and even a thicko like me dint expect England to do much darn under.UTCB
    No more losing sleep listening to TMS in the middle of the night,

No more losing sleep listening to TMS in the middle of the night,
    I've been checking the score on Cricinfo through the night then deciding whether to get up or not.

Sad to say I've had more lie ins than I wanted.

Joe looks shot and the idiots on Talksport mentioning making Stokes skipper.

I think it has been a big learning curve for Joe and he will be wanting to make his own mark on the side so it could be goodbye to some of the old stagers.It's getting to the stage where we need a team for English tests and a different one for overseas.

Thank god for BT at least I don't have to watch it TMS is painful enough

Joes punch drunk poor lad,he doesn't think we've been blown away so far ....... I'd call an innings and 41 runs bein blown away, if 35/6 isn't bein blown away I don't know what is,someone needs to give him a slap round the chops to bring him round

It will always be the same down under everyone on TMS has said same England produce players to play in English conditions which is fair comment seein as most ply their trade there playing for the counties,can't ever see that changing,we just don't develop decent spinners or pace bowlers anymore instead of goin abroad to develop their skills they all go off in search of big bucks playing crash bang wallop cricket

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    I've been checking the score on Cricinfo through the night then deciding whether to get up or not.

Sad to say I've had more lie ins than I wanted.

Joe looks shot and the idiots on Talksport mentioning making Stokes skipper.

I think it has been a big learning curve for Joe and he will be wanting to make his own mark on the side so it could be goodbye to some of the old stagers.It's getting to the stage where we need a team for English tests and a different one for overseas.
    It was interesting listening to swanny the other day he's always maintained joe shouldn't be captain,he thinks it makes our best player not as good cos he has it all to do instead of just concentrating on his game,he says we always seem to just pick the best player as captain which shouldn't be the case,I kind of agree with him on that but then who do you pick he said broad but I can't agree on that we'd use our reviews up in the 1st over !

Can't see Cooky carrying on after this tour,there have been a few chinks of light stoneman ,vince and Malan have all shown us glimpses of why they were taken and are worth persevering with unfortunately it's the experienced batsmen joe included who haven't turned up,we've got another month or so of misery before it's goin to get any better

Page 9 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast