+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: so waht would you give up for a few extra points

so waht would you give up for a few extra points

peopel are rightly getting excited that ash may be going

but what would you give up to the new owners for a few extra points and positions in the league

new stadium name
    new colours
    stands renamed
    higher prices
    more free advertising but under a different name

It's not just a few extra points and positions though, is it? You're making it sound like this whole buyout is going to progress us to the level of, say, Stoke (no disrespect meant, etc). If these folks are serious-and I'd say they are-then they will consider their investment a failure if we end up with "a few extra points and positions in the league". I'm not making any predictions here about how things will go, mind, other than to say that I'd expect us to be aiming higher than what you've suggested.

It is, though, a relevant point. getting shot of Ashley is priority number one but we've got to be ready for some things to change.

Colours won't be one of them-that was only that madman at Cardiff. The rest is entirely possible and something we may just have to bite the bullet over in the name of progress.

Given that the club is seen to be on a positive footing with serious investment & a chance of regaining a top 6 status (in time) I feel that our long time suffering supporters would accept inevitable change EXCEPT name or colour change.We all realise the commercial nature of the game.Ashleys problem as everyone knows was that he alienated the fans at a comparatively early stage & with under investment was unable to gain trust in his commercial decisions,

[QUOTE=jacapus;38711676]Given that the club is seen to be on a positive footing with serious investment & a chance of regaining a top 6 status (in time) I feel that our long time suffering supporters would accept inevitable change EXCEPT name or colour change.We all realise the commercial nature of the game.Ashleys problem as everyone knows was that he alienated the fans at a comparatively early stage & with under investment was unable to gain trust in his commercial decision.quote/Supporters are resilient as long as their team are successful.Its a long time ago but when Newcastle West End folded their biggest rivals East End moved from Heaton to their former rivals ground SJP.That was a big move and a distance from their own home,then come the name change and after wearing East Ends red shirts for their first season as NUFC there come the colour change.
    Last edited by sherwoodmag; 23-11-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    It's not just a few extra points and positions though, is it? You're making it sound like this whole buyout is going to progress us to the level of, say, Stoke (no disrespect meant, etc). If these folks are serious-and I'd say they are-then they will consider their investment a failure if we end up with "a few extra points and positions in the league". I'm not making any predictions here about how things will go, mind, other than to say that I'd expect us to be aiming higher than what you've suggested.

It is, though, a relevant point. getting shot of Ashley is priority number one but we've got to be ready for some things to change.

Colours won't be one of them-that was only that madman at Cardiff. The rest is entirely possible and something we may just have to bite the bullet over in the name of progress.
    I have to ask myself if London will allow the north east a share of the spoils of the elites.

It'll be interesting to see how any and all of it pans out over time.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    I have to ask myself if London will allow the north east a share of the spoils of the elites.

It'll be interesting to see how any and all of it pans out over time.
    London? There are just as many big clubs in the NW.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    London? There are just as many big clubs in the NW.
    I'm on about the bigwigs who control the game in England.

They'll not like it, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Kal View Post
    They'll not like it, that's for sure.
    They will not but money talks and this lot apparently have a lot of it.

People like that will not put a regional difference above money, I suspect.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)