+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: I watched the Pork last night.

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I think Aya was relating The Sopranos to Rod and his heavy mob and Breaking Bad to TT’s Caravanette.
    Never seen either,( or any of GOT, Star Trek, Doctor Who) so the references are totally lost on me GB.

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    The Soprano's is the best series i've ever watched,i imagine TT runnin his hotel's in a similar way to how Big Tone ran the Family business.James Gandolfini(RIP) was wonderful as Tony.UTCB
    Yes James was a fantastic actor, I loved his work.

Quote Originally Posted by tomytony View Post
    Never seen either,( or any of GOT, Star Trek, Doctor Who) so the references are totally lost on me GB.
    To give you a clue on the Breaking Bad link, the main character, mild mannered chemistry teacher Walter White begins his career as a drugs baron making Chrystal Meth in a camper van out in the desert.

It’s a lot better than it sounds

To give you a clue on the Breaking Bad link, the main character, mild mannered chemistry teacher Walter White begins his career as a drugs baron making Chrystal Meth in a camper van out in the desert.

Mild mannered meks thi think of TT? I've neva watched Breakin Bad,How d'ya rate The Peaky Blinders Gray? I absolutely luv it.UTCB

Mild mannered meks thi think of TT? I've neva watched Breakin Bad,How d'ya rate The Peaky Blinders Gray? I absolutely luv it.UTCB
    Yes I mentioned it earlier on this thread Rod, I think it’s the best program on the box mate and the latest series is the best yet. I’ve no idea why they stick it away on BBC2, I know people who never watch that channel because they think it’s just arts and docs.

I notice Sheffield’s Mooney gang keep getting a mention. My old Mam grew up on the same street as the main man and 2 other gang members and she says him and his entourage always behaved like perfect gentlemen towards their neighbours. UTB

Thanks GB, a lot clearer now.

However I was never any good with any of the sciences so, whilst I have a superior vehicle, I have inferior knowledge so would have to sub conract the production.

This guy will be going downwards whatever he says.

Attachment 7279
    I read today that the Ipswich player that had his testicles rearranged by Loovens is having a groin operation that will mean he is out for quite a while.

I thought Boardwalk Empire was excellent, very loosely based on a true story mainly about Nucky Thompson. It was funny, serious, ***y and extremely violent.

Enjoyed The Sopranos as well but Boardwalk Empire just about nicks it for me between the two

The Soprano's is the best series i've ever watched,i imagine TT runnin his hotel's in a similar way to how Big Tone ran the Family business.James Gandolfini(RIP) was wonderful as Tony.UTCB
    was devastated when I came to the end of it - which was after JG had died. Will watch it again one day..........I can kinda see where you're going with the BT/TT analogy

Yes I mentioned it earlier on this thread Rod, I think it’s the best program on the box mate and the latest series is the best yet. I’ve no idea why they stick it away on BBC2, I know people who never watch that channel because they think it’s just arts and docs.

I notice Sheffield’s Mooney gang keep getting a mention. My old Mam grew up on the same street as the main man and 2 other gang members and she says him and his entourage always behaved like perfect gentlemen towards their neighbours. UTB
    ok - will give it a go...........have been put off by the name up to now

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast