+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Main priority in January Transfer window?

That record from last season is pretty awful don't you think Clive, at a club like he was at? And you'd have to think that some of those 5 clean sheets were helped by the players around him digging him out of trouble or poor opposition.

On Saturday there were heart in mouth moments again - fumbling the ball forward from a weak shot springs to mind, and that's what he's supposed to be good at.

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I ain't saying he ain't made errors, but I wonder how many of our goals in our start to the season started with wiedwalds distribution, and he has had 7 clean sheets this season, already beaten his record of 5 in 25 matches in the bundesliga last season

We havnt made an improvement in our goalkeeping position this season. End off.

We probably haven't, but like all new players, don't they deserve our support, coz if they get negatives from us it ain't gonna make them play better is it, it's arguable that maybe John ruddy would have been a good option perhaps, I don't know

And yes that record ain't great but apparently the other geezer wasn't great either at bremen, plus the defence got a battering too from what I can gather

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    We havnt made an improvement in our goalkeeping position this season. End off.
    Amen to that

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    We probably haven't, but like all new players, don't they deserve our support, coz if they get negatives from us it ain't gonna make them play better is it, it's arguable that maybe John ruddy would have been a good option perhaps, I don't know
    Not sure a professional footballer, playing at our level, wherever they come from, should be expecting the supporters who effectively pay their wages to stay silent (either on "social media", or at the ground) when they don't perform, and that the poor performance is consistent, as Wiedwalds has been (even against Barnsley it was hardly an impressive display, against an "attack" that mustered all of 3 shots (thankyou WS!) on goal). I''ve been at games when Berardi has been given catcalls, same with Cooper, O'Kane etc, why should Wiedwald be treated any differently (here or there)?

We need a real GK all-rounder and if that costs, so be it.

Taking chances in the guy between the sticks is just a rank bad idea, and the rot then spreads (as it has when Wiedwald been there). If he is still seen as having potential, but needs to "improve", put him in one of the development squads, as being taken to the cleaners of a regular basis in the first team is hardly going to bolster his confidence, is it?

Clive the bottom line here is that we got rid of a pretty decent, reliable keeper (i know he had the odd moment, but overall he was great last year) and replaced him with 2 who have got many faults.

That's the real issue - it's not really important how poor the ones we've got are, although we can all see it - the main point is we shouldn't have got ourselves in this position - Green should have been our number one this season until we chose to get somebody better than him.

And whoever thought Weidwald was better should be fired.

Playing in a top league & available. Someone obviously dazzled by the bright lights & hype is why Felix got bought.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not sure a professional footballer, playing at our level, wherever they come from, should be expecting the supporters who effectively pay their wages to stay silent (either on "social media", or at the ground) when they don't perform, and that the poor performance is consistent, as Wiedwalds has been (even against Barnsley it was hardly an impressive display, against an "attack" that mustered all of 3 shots (thankyou WS!) on goal). I''ve been at games when Berardi has been given catcalls, same with Cooper, O'Kane etc, why should Wiedwald be treated any differently (here or there)?

We need a real GK all-rounder and if that costs, so be it.

Taking chances in the guy between the sticks is just a rank bad idea, and the rot then spreads (as it has when Wiedwald been there). If he is still seen as having potential, but needs to "improve", put him in one of the development squads, as being taken to the cleaners of a regular basis in the first team is hardly going to bolster his confidence, is it?
    No probs WTF, seeing as you admit not actually seeing or hearing the match, ha but see it OK to comment on a player's performance. As for criticizing players, have never nor will I ever boo a Leeds player during a game.

As for being taken to the cleaners and the rot sets in: Felix Lge stats P11 W7 D2 L2 F19 A8 Pts23 CS 8

We all know he's not the finished article, but if that's rot setting in???

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Clive the bottom line here is that we got rid of a pretty decent, reliable keeper (i know he had the odd moment, but overall he was great last year) and replaced him with 2 who have got many faults.

That's the real issue - it's not really important how poor the ones we've got are, although we can all see it - the main point is we shouldn't have got ourselves in this position - Green should have been our number one this season until we chose to get somebody better than him.

And whoever thought Weidwald was better should be fired.
    Do you actually remember Green's debut..and his early form, especially home to Dudd's and some later games???

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)