+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Main priority in January Transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    Wolves seem to proving that point, if you do have deep enough pockets you can buy your way out of this division. The bit that confuses me though is this FFP thing, I thought that limited the amount of cash which could be thrown at transfers (I think it's related to turn-over or something like that ?)
    Not just Wolves, others have done so before (and others will in the future!)

If you're prepared to take as much of a punt with finance as we seem to be with new players, then you would be willing to take the financial hit of any fine under FFP rules on the basis that it pales into insignificance compared to what you get from being promoted. Depends on the size of your cohunas I guess?

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    That's good WTF - you seem to have an eye for players signed who are not good enough. Quite early after they have put pen to paper usually - footymad should cross your palm with silver for these uncanny predictions.

I wonder , what did you enjoy about a 3,1 away win ? I'm sure we would all love to hear it . The floor is yours ....
    Sarcasm = lowest form of wit. I have already posted about the win, very welcome, side did what they should have been doing for the whole of October & November, (not playing with one target man up front, pace and width, passing the ball and counter-attacking with ferocity), it worked in August/September, why did Christiansen think we should change? We beat a team who didn't turn up, mustered 2 "shots" on goal in the entire match and managed, courtesy of our wunderkind GK, to get a 50% return on that, so forgive me for not putting the flags out yet. Let's see what improvement the team can demonstrate against Wolves, Cardiff, Bristol (Bristol, FFS!) or Villa, and then we can start to feel confident.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Not just Wolves, others have done so before (and others will in the future!)

If you're prepared to take as much of a punt with finance as we seem to be with new players, then you would be willing to take the financial hit of any fine under FFP rules on the basis that it pales into insignificance compared to what you get from being promoted. Depends on the size of your cohunas I guess?
    Hi - ........ well I was just going to post a few positive comments 'bout my day out in the Old Bull and Bush and eh,bollux !
    Last sentence mmmm Cohunas ...... "been their done that" have we not & I'm not going to explain (again) FFP
    Finally I'm still positive & Felix got full backing from 3,000 travelling Whites too - oh yes and we WON !
    MOT
    ALAW

FFP. FFS.
    Blind eye to some, but Leeds would get locked up and the key melted.

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Hi - ........ well I was just going to post a few positive comments 'bout my day out in the Old Bull and Bush and eh,bollux !
    Last sentence mmmm Cohunas ...... "been their done that" have we not & I'm not going to explain (again) FFP
    Finally I'm still positive & Felix got full backing from 3,000 travelling Whites too - oh yes and we WON !
    MOT
    ALAW

I wasn't there, but if i had been in the 3000 travelling Whites i would also have given him my genuine sympathy because he's a Leeds player. Doesn't mean to say i'd have ignored the incessant doubts nagging away at my football brain.

If he'd cost us the win, I'm not sure the 3000 would have been quite as supportive.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    we could stick him in goal!
    Apparently we'll have to loan him out from January as he doesn't fit the rules for the work permit.

He has to play in Europe so what's the betting he goes to that Spanish feeder club we have a deal with now?

Anyone know how long it is before he's allowed to play for us, cos he's not really a January signing if it's months is he?

(EDIT _ just read the YEP article on him and he won't play until 2018-19).
    Last edited by Jezleeds; 11-12-2017 at 09:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Apparently we'll have to loan him out from January as he doesn't fit the rules for the work permit.

He has to play in Europe so what's the betting he goes to that Spanish feeder club we have a deal with now?

Anyone know how long it is before he's allowed to play for us, cos he's not really a January signing if it's months is he?

(EDIT _ just read the YEP article on him and he won't play until 2018-19).
    Will be interesting to see what funds are available to address 1st team frailties as opposed to our Spanish connection.

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    I wasn't there, but if i had been in the 3000 travelling Whites i would also have given him my genuine sympathy because he's a Leeds player. Doesn't mean to say i'd have ignored the incessant doubts nagging away at my football brain.

If he'd cost us the win, I'm not sure the 3000 would have been quite as supportive.
    But something has changed as we win or lose as a TEAM on & off the pitch so 'Positive progress" !

As for doubts - well maybe City is the team to adopt Jez .......... seriously,there was a lot of good individual performances of merit formulated into a good team performance once TC switched things and isolated the first half threat of Smith and Cheese biscuits display would have had Clive drooling ......
    Oh yeah - Felix ?
    Bloody Mitre (Cohunas) balls didn't help !

MOT

what worries me though Mrs O, is that TC didn't really "switch things", it was forced upon him, and we were shighte till then.

Quote Originally Posted by BenidormBlanco View Post
    what worries me though Mrs O, is that TC didn't really "switch things", it was forced upon him, and we were shighte till then.
    Regardless of how he discovered it BB - If it works it works. Typical Championship though very tough league and few easy games. Think Vierra will become very good but lacking nous with Phillips and him in the middle of the park and we don’t seem to be able to ‘take care of the ball’ and not give it away when trying to break teams down which is why we probably play best when hitting others on the counter.

Will take TC a while to sift through all the options and who plays well with whom. Take rowing and the fours. Only 4 rowers in the boat but the Olympic selection process for the boat takes up to 18 months.

What is pleasing is we have a number of very good players who can play with the ball on the ground. My neck and shoulders are pleased we have moved away from hoof ball.

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)