+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Main priority in January Transfer window?

Quote Originally Posted by OldWhiteTaff View Post
    And don't forget that, unlike 'Citeh', we don't have fkn sh1t loads of cash to chuck at every problem, all this 'dump him and get someone better in' chatter makes me laugh - have we got the levels of untold wealth that means we can afford to go out and buy the PRECISE solution to each problem i.e. have the cash to be able to afford a GK that would guarantee to be the answer, or for that matter, and in keeping with some other threads, do the same for a 'strong defensive CM', and then again for a '20 goals a year CF' ??? And then on top of that, ideally make sure that not only do they tick all those boxes, but they're also proven British players who 'know how the Championship works' ??? Or might we risk spending huge amounts of cash only to discover the new boys don't quite live up to expectations........ One last thing on this point - Bonatini, Jota, N'Diaye, Cavaleiro, Boly, Saiss, Costa - yeah, these lightweight foreigners are fkn useless in the blood and guts of the Championship............
    And just which of those you name are LEEDS players Taff?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    PS obviously if you've ever posted saying Lasogga should not play for us, then you definitely should go and support another team, right?
    Posted both for and against the guy, for reasons most will be familiar with, but I'll stick around here a while😉

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    And just which of those you name are LEEDS players Taff?
    Just making the point that 'foreigners' can be reasonably effective in this league as well, although granted at a whole different level of initial investment

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    Made a few suggestions in a previous post Clive. There a a number of goalkeepers out there who would do a better job in my opinion, and not at prices out of our league.
    And these suggestions?? Given that they're available, affordable IN JANUARY... how do they distribute the ball do you know. I would imagine similarly to Pep did last year we make do till they find an ideal replacement. Preferring that the 10 outfield players play in the style he requires, which is about our front 4 being in a position to put the opposition on the back foot.
    We won a game at QPR and folk on here moaning (similar to last seasons matchday thread) I wan't it all, I wan't it now syndrome.

We can all see where improvement is needed. Some of us will back the players, management to get it right. Liverscum have defensive problems, as do Arsenal, Swansea don't score goals...we are not alone in needing improvement. If you can spot it, have faith LUFC can.

Think Gk are not main priority.

Someone to boss midfield with craft and guile whilst Phillips and Vierra develop for me is top priority.

Felix will come good in goal imho.

Left footed left back next.

Quality ST if owners want to splash the cash.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Think Gk are not main priority.

Someone to boss midfield with craft and guile whilst Phillips and Vierra develop for me is top priority.

Felix will come good in goal imho.

Left footed left back next.

Quality ST if owners want to splash the cash.
    Agree about the boss in midfield, been lacking the whole season. Having faith that LUFC can spot it is one thing, doing something about blatantly obvious frailties is something else.

We have a left-footed left back, we just don't seem to understand that that would be his better side and play him consistently on the right (and he gets slated occasionally when playing less than his best when played out of position, WTF is going on there?).

Not much we supporters can do about Wiedwald, (whichever side of the argument about his ability you happen to be on), but do we really sit back and wait for him to come good? If so, then the club should make it clear (perhaps by doing nothing about a loan GK in the January window), but they should also prepare for the reaction if we finish mid-table or worse due to the results of our willingness to allow him to "develop".

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)