+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January transfer shopping

January transfer shopping

Warney is looking at fetching two strikers in, that's good (I'll be happy with one) but what about defenders ? No mention of them even though it was rumoured we were looking at a RB a few months ago.

I'll be happy with one striker coming in, a RB and CB maybe another Potter type of player also (younger)

No need for a new manager but maybe if he doesn't think we need a defensive coach then use Wood/Breckin, I'm sure between them they can sort the defence out.

You do you lot think we should fetch in? Be realistic
    Last edited by millertop; 23-11-2017 at 12:27 PM.

Can't name actual players to come in but Rodak & Emmanuel can go back to there parent clubs. We've got to offload players who aren't good enough or who best days are behind them. So Price, Ajayi, Frecks, Forde, Newell & Yates can go. I'd bring Dom Ball back. Keeper, Right back in. Centre back in. Potter type midfielder in with a pulse. 1 striker if Moore as it looks likely won't be here in January. We've got JCH & Ball. If we are only playing one up front with don't need that many strikers.

Yes, Add a goalkeeper to the list

If we got Rodak on a season long loan then I'd stick with that and let Price go tbh

' With a pulse' that made me he's got a better pulse than me.

One thing for sure is that Warney needs to take a good look at our players before he fetches more in, we have some good ones but for some reason (coaching imo) it's not happening for them
    Last edited by millertop; 23-11-2017 at 12:57 PM.

A lot will depend on Moore.
    If by a miracle we sign him then most of the budget will have been spent. If he goes back then a hold up type of player will be needed. Someone mentioned Hanson from sheff u. I guess he will do if he's fit. Maybe loan him in and spend the budget elsewhere...

With the squad we have even if we got promotion there's a good chance we would come straight back down.. use the window to build for the future. There's several players in non league who would be worth taking a punt on. Around the 22-24 year olds..
    There's also the 2 strikers from Stevenage. Godden and newton... Both have a eye for goal..

What we need.
    1 maybe 2 strikers.
    1 left footed left winger
    1 RB

Thin out the fringe players,. If he's not fancying bray get him out on loan or get shut.. same with manny, bilboe,

If he thinks wiles is behind frecks, vaulks,potter,Newell,towell in CM roll get him out on loan. He's young enough to for a months loan

We need at least 2 new experienced (at this level) defenders plus a defensive coach.

It's no good PW running around with his fingers in his ears shouting "I'm not listening"

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Can't name actual players to come in but Rodak & Emmanuel can go back to there parent clubs. We've got to offload players who aren't good enough or who best days are behind them. So Price, Ajayi, Frecks, Forde, Newell & Yates can go. I'd bring Dom Ball back. Keeper, Right back in. Centre back in. Potter type midfielder in with a pulse. 1 striker if Moore as it looks likely won't be here in January. We've got JCH & Ball. If we are only playing one up front with don't need that many strikers.
    So you want to get rid of 8 players and maybe bring 5 in (excluding Dominic Ball who's ours anyway).
    More chance of hell freezing over.
    Do you honestly think the manager will go for a major squad rebuild in January when the choice of good quality players is limited anyway?
    And do you honestly think Tony Stewart is going to sanction spending hundreds of thousands of pounds on such a crackpot plan?
    Keep taking the medicine.

Personally I think we need 6 players in January

2 strikers
    2 RB
    2 Center half’s