+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Travel to Wembley

Travel to Wembley

Parking sorted,booked a park on my drive for £20. Last time i went via the m40. Can't start out till 10 my niece is working at Next in Wednesbury. Any advice M6 then M1 or m5 then on to m40. Roadworks on m5 so that would slow us down.

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Parking sorted,booked a park on my drive for £20. Last time i went via the m40. Can't start out till 10 my niece is working at Next in Wednesbury. Any advice M6 then M1 or m5 then on to m40. Roadworks on m5 so that would slow us down.
    I'd always go m40. Much better road than M1. And Wembley is just off the M40 and onto A40 so no M25 involved!

Quote Originally Posted by soulman101 View Post
    Avoid the M1 Soulman at all costs. Terrible slow road. M40 everytime.

By far the best way is via Chiltern Railways; trains stop at the stadium, with only a short walk . Travel in comfort.

Quote Originally Posted by sweeper5 View Post
    By far the best way is via Chiltern Railways; trains stop at the stadium, with only a short walk . Travel in comfort.
    Totally agree. Driving to most places by car these days is an absolute mare never mind London. Our Motorway system is a flippin joke. Scaffolding currently all round Junction 2 Oldbury M5 near me, with a 30mph speed limit with tailbacks stretching miles and miles and is set to be like this for another 10 months. I pity anyone who as to travel on our motorways just to get to work.

Chiltern every time. I use it when I come up from Heathrow. Clean, comfortable, never crowded, stops right there at the stadium. Can't beat it.

Good luck with the game.

Thanks for the reply's. Brother in law is driving in his Range rover sport. Might be driving back if he wants a drink.
    Looking forward to a great day and a Baggies win. COYB

I wouldn't visit that place for anything other than a cup final from now on.

A dreadful,plastic stadium and and absolute insult to the original Wembley which should never have been destroyed.

Destroying the 1966 World Cup final venue was a disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by WOODLANDSWOLF View Post
    Chiltern every time. I use it when I come up from Heathrow. Clean, comfortable, never crowded, stops right there at the stadium. Can't beat it.

Good luck with the game.

I didn't know your lot had been to Wembley? Not the new one anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WBA1955 View Post
    I didn't know your lot had been to Wembley? Not the new one anyway.
    '55 did they play a 'Paint Trophy' game there or perhaps a play off game?....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)