+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: New signings youths

New signings youths

Good to hear

Sunderland Foundation of Light Scholars players Craig Ellison and Lewis King have signed professional contracts with Premier League side Burnley.

Ellison has signed a one-year deal with the Clarets while King has signed a six-month deal with the option to extend it for a further year at the end of the season.

The duo were halfway through their second year of the Foundation of Light Football Scholarship but will leave the North East for Lancashire next week.

Good news for Clitheroe.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Good news for Clitheroe.
    Give him some slack - he is Old himself 😀

IDTWT
    Not really just don’t understand obtuse posts about anonymous babies we signed last summer, like quite a few younger others.

Just to make it clear where I'm coming from OC, just off the top of my head, over the last few years I can think of seven of our youth team players that I've seen playing in the Clitheroe first team, (actually there are possibly more) but I haven't seen a single one playing in the Burnley first team. So the most likely beneficiary of any BFC youth signings is much more likely to be Clitheroe FC, rather than Burnley FC.

Sinkov
    Thanks I understood you perfectly, but IDTW is sometimes in a different ... ageist sort of world. Old and babies
    Let’s hope the Clitheroe effect works wonders and some make the grade.
    This could be the start of a North East scouting revival like the good old days.

not ageist OC - just factual as you are called Old Colner- if you were young you would call yourself Young Colner-

Babies is nothing to do with youngs kids as it happens-😀

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Sinkov
    Thanks I understood you perfectly, but IDTW is sometimes in a different ... ageist sort of world. Old and babies
    This could be the start of a North East scouting revival like the good old days.
    Don't hold yoour breath on a revival in north east talent coming to the Turf. There are lads playing in the Northern League who wouldn't have got a game on Sunday morning 10 years ago.
    Teams are packing up through lack of players and this is leading to some leagues having to pack in --all in all --there is a dearth of talent and it is not just in this area.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    The young lad here at the moment OC, Leighton Egan, is on the bench, he can't displace the regular right-back, and he's nothing special. All the others were here after being released, all hope had gone for them. But it's not looking good for young Egan though, this level is at least a couple lower than we normally loan them out to, no disrespect to the lad and I hope he makes it, but it's a long way back from Level 8.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)