+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who will Dyche start up front on Sunday

Who will Dyche start up front on Sunday

Despite Barnes key performance gaining us the full 3 points against Swansea in the last home game I think Dyche may select Vokes in front of him against Arsenal on Sunday.

Vokes scored against them in the Cup two seasons ago and last season Arsenal's three goals in the 2 games came from high balls into our box. Big Sam's aerial defensive work may get him the nod. Any thoughts?

Sounds like horses for courses mate, you could well be right, usually are......

Dyche is loyal to players who do the business for him which Barnes has done in both of the last two home games, both resulting in victories for us. While Barnes is not as good at defending balls thrown into our box as Vokes I can't see him leaving Barnes out but still have a feeling Vokes with will start.
    Could he start 442 with both Barnes and Vokes up front, leaving Hendrick on the bench? Yet Hendrick has scored one and created one in the last two home games.

Then again maybe Dyche will believe Tarkowski will be better at defending against Arsenal's aerial threat from their central defenders than Keane was and leave Vokes on the bench.It's not as if Sanchez and Lacazette will be a threat from high balls into our box.

Help!
    Last edited by thedonz; 23-11-2017 at 11:31 PM.

It seems like there's little point starting a thread to get some discussion before a game these days.

If I started one about a rainbow I'd seen in the sky I'm sure there would be loads of comments.

Getting fed up of this board. For fcuk 's sake how many of you go on the match anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by thedonz View Post
    It seems like there's little point starting a thread to get some discussion before a game these days.

If I started one about a rainbow I'd seen in the sky I'm sure there would be loads of comments.

Getting fed up of this board. For fcuk 's sake how many of you go on the match anyway!
    Does it matter if we attend or not Donz? I don't attend now but I did a 55 year apprenticeship watching the Clarets..So does not attending now make me any worse a fan than somebody who attends every match ?

You haven't started any threads for ages or posted much lately anyway... Perhps if you started one you might get some genuine replies..

I suggest if you are fed up with this board you go and look on t'other site and see how much Schite they post on there.. Ba a shame to see you leave this board as I always enjoy your posts and especially your write ups about the a Clarets..

Does it really matter what Schite posts people put up during the times when there is no match really,you don't have to read them or answer them..I don't particularly like the political threads myself,but hey ho it keeps the lefties happy on here ..lol

Whatever you decide stay safe mate and I wish you all best in life..

You have started one ..

i just read read your last post Donz and didn't read the first post..lol

Like you Alf I don’t get to see many games, but absence makes the heart grow fonder. I’m hoping to bring the family 9 or so to see a game soon and managed to see the Preston friendly. It’s a 450 mile 15 hour day trip.

Regarding donzy post, Arsenal managed to lose to the bottom team in the Budesliga and aren’t too good away from home so I’m hoping it’s another win. Have converted one grandson and he is going to the game with my son, so I’ll be there genetically at least and get rapid updates. They last went to see us play Liverpool and win 2-0 last year so hope they are a good omen.

I prefer two up front myself, but I think Sean will go with one and probably Barnes then putting Sam and Wood on after 65mins to force a win or get us back into contention. So much depends on Sean’s tactics and of course any mistakes.

Sorry donzy if you don’t like some of my posts, but we are a broad church on here and you don’t have to read them - like a few others.
    By all means post your own, the more the merrier.

I'm of the opinion Dyche will start with Wood,that's if he's "Dyche fit"..Can't see him starting with both Wood and Barnes ..Think Sam will be missing out again ..

Just a message to "thedonz".Rainbows won't be in the sky they will be in the boots

Barnes to start - then Vokes then Wood

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)