+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Injury blow for Cov

Injury blow for Cov

Injury blow for one of our main rivals - Jones, who scored 3 against us on opening day, is out for the season

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42100992

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    Injury blow for one of our main rivals - Jones, who scored 3 against us on opening day, is out for the season

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42100992
    Without a doubt the best player I have seen us come up against this season & the few times I have seen him on TV he has looked a class above this level, probably good news for us but I hope the lad is OK in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Without a doubt the best player I have seen us come up against this season & the few times I have seen him on TV he has looked a class above this level, probably good news for us but I hope the lad is OK in the long run.
    Agreed. Interesting that after scoring a hat-trick against us, he's only scored twice in his other 18 league games.

On the grapevine I have heard that this lad is thought good enough to at least rise to Championship level and possibly higher. Sadly, as Notts knows to its cost, few players who suffer a serious cruciate injury recapture their old selves. Think Jimmy. Apart from it becoming an area of weakness, players hold back in the tackle for fear of a repeat.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    On the grapevine I have heard that this lad is thought good enough to at least rise to Championship level and possibly higher. Sadly, as Notts knows to its cost, few players who suffer a serious cruciate injury recapture their old selves. Think Jimmy. Apart from it becoming an area of weakness, players hold back in the tackle for fear of a repeat.
    That's right. does anyone know a player who missed a season with a cruciate injury who came back the same?

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    That's right. does anyone know a player who missed a season with a cruciate injury who came back the same?
    Alan Shearer didn't do too bad after his cruciate injury while playing for Blackburn

Totti and Van Nistelrooy both did well too.. it’s a myth in modern day football that these injuries end careers or send careers on a downward spiral

like any injury some recover far better than others, treatment is far better today than say 10-20 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Talking bollox sidders. Having had 3 acl ops myself. It’s nothing to do with holding back in tackles it’s the loss of a yard a serious injury like this will cause. Still a bad injury mainly due to the length of recovery period.
    The operation is pretty straightforward it’s the building back up the muscles around the knee etc due to significant muscle wastage.