+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Ledley rumour not going away

Ledley rumour not going away

The Rams are facing the prospect of losing midfielder Joe Ledley if immediate action isn't taken - External Link

Not worried on this one, offer him a contract what you think he's worth and don't let these agents piss you around. If he wants more move on!

I would like to see him stay as he has been very influential in our play but if he looks for too much then the January window is approaching and Thorne is getting closer to match fitness (until the next major injury at least)

GR has said that the club is talking to Ledley's "people". Offer him a good deal rather than talking about one. If he says no then it's a no and we move on.

Sunderland? CC and he are big mates and it is rumoured that the offer from there is for a player/coach role. If he goes there, I think it will be more the role that persuades him rather than his connection with CC or the level of pay.

He would look very useful in the 3rd tier

I think he was only ever a stop gap until January tbh,, until we could go back in for kieftenbeld, who I think is better suited to our system and rowett knows him,, plus theres rumours of che adams aswell. I thank ledley though, hes been great for us and has helped us stay in and around the playoffs. Plus whether we like to admit it or not, the sunderland role sounds like a good one, their a big club and will surely be improving under coleman.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I think he was only ever a stop gap until January tbh,, until we could go back in for kieftenbeld, who I think is better suited to our system and rowett knows him,, plus theres rumours of che adams aswell. I thank ledley though, hes been great for us and has helped us stay in and around the playoffs. Plus whether we like to admit it or not, the sunderland role sounds like a good one, their a big club and will surely be improving under coleman.
    Seems likely, good comment.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    I agree, he was brought in as a stop gap. However, it is, IMO, no coincidence that the only game we have lost in the last 11 was the one game he didn't play in. I would love him to stay. If he does become a black cat it will be the player/coach role that sways him.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)