+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: A good read

A good read

A good read from La Liga, with a lot of stuff we can identify with, especially the way their new manager Marcilino went about his business.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42095164

Read that earlier. Good read indeed.

Valencia have been poor since 2007 when Ronald Koeman was put in charge he upset a lot of players who refused to play for him.
    Things went from bad to worse when they nearly went bust and had to sell their best players including their star David Villa. The 2008–09 season was to have been their last season at the Mestalla, with the club moving to their new 75,000-seater stadium Nou Mestalla in time for the 2009–10 season. However, due to the financial crisis, work on the new stadium stopped leaving it still to this day unfinished.
    After going through ump**** managers they have finally got a gem . Marcelino has certainly turned them round this season. I've watched them a few times and they do like to get forward in numbers, they gave my 2nd team Sevilla a 4-0 pasting last month.
    Last edited by biri; 25-11-2017 at 12:00 AM.

Forca Betis! Working class heroes.

Quote Originally Posted by seanbeanstattoo View Post
    Forca Betis! Working class heroes.
    Oh aye. Only the upper echelon support Sevilla don't yer know

Quote Originally Posted by biri View Post
    Valencia have been poor since 2007 when Ronald Koeman was put in charge he upset a lot of players who refused to play for him.
    Things went from bad to worse when they nearly went bust and had to sell their best players including their star David Villa. The 2008–09 season was to have been their last season at the Mestalla, with the club moving to their new 75,000-seater stadium Nou Mestalla in time for the 2009–10 season. However, due to the financial crisis, work on the new stadium stopped leaving it still to this day unfinished.
    After going through ump**** managers they have finally got a gem . Marcelino has certainly turned them round this season. I've watched them a few times and they do like to get forward in numbers, they gave my 2nd team Sevilla a 4-0 pasting last month.
    so Marcelino is el Tufty Esponyol!

They play the same as the "Red & White wizards" high intensity, little or no backwards or sideways passing, and most of all I love Marcelinos quote, "you have to sweat for the shirt"

UTB