+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does John Beresford know something

Does John Beresford know something

"Comparing Hirst’s situation with that of Wales international David Brooks, who has played 18 times for Sheffield United this season, Beresford said: “Talk about two contrasts. You’ve got a lad at Sheffield United who’s going, ‘right, I’ve got a club that wants me,’ and you’ve got a lad on the other side who’s going, ‘you don’t want me’. “So Sheffield United could have two players… I didn’t say which player, I’m just saying you never know what might happen."

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...irst-1-8875629

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    "Comparing Hirst’s situation with that of Wales international David Brooks, who has played 18 times for Sheffield United this season, Beresford said: “Talk about two contrasts. You’ve got a lad at Sheffield United who’s going, ‘right, I’ve got a club that wants me,’ and you’ve got a lad on the other side who’s going, ‘you don’t want me’. “So Sheffield United could have two players… I didn’t say which player, I’m just saying you never know what might happen."

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/foot...irst-1-8875629
    I noticed he's been savaged on Porktalk for this article, but the oinkers have wasted Hirsts potential this year. He's got the makings of a serious player, but how can they pick him in front of £10m non-scoring strikers?

No-one seems to really know whats gone on behind the scenes, but the sheep are going along with the 'his agent wants too much' line. Who knows? Anyway...a former oinker striker playing for us? I can't see that working out...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    I noticed he's been savaged on Porktalk for this article, but the oinkers have wasted Hirsts potential this year. He's got the makings of a serious player, but how can they pick him in front of £10m non-scoring strikers?

No-one seems to really know whats gone on behind the scenes, but the sheep are going along with the 'his agent wants too much' line. Who knows? Anyway...a former oinker striker playing for us? I can't see that working out...
    errr.............wait a minute..........

He will have the same problem breaking into our team as well

Brooks got his chance because Duffy was injured/not fit

But Hurst isn't going to replace Billy or Leon, and if Billy or Leon get injured he'll be behind Donaldson, Hanson, Ched and Brooks

PS - That's not to say I wouldn't want United to sign him

Quote Originally Posted by JJBlade View Post
    He will have the same problem breaking into our team as well

Brooks got his chance because Duffy was injured/not fit

But Hurst isn't going to replace Billy or Leon, and if Billy or Leon get injured he'll be behind Donaldson, Hanson, Ched and Brooks
    I don’t think he would have anything like the same problem with us, Carloss is the problem he doesn’t trust youth. He’d probably point to CCV’s mistakes on Tuesday to make his point, totally ignoring the fact that 3 kids have played an intigral part in why we’re currently 11 points above his shower.

I think Wilder would use Hurst like he’s used Brooks and initially at least bring him off the bench. Take Billy and Clarke out of the equation and we’re left with Hanson, Donaldson and Lavery, non of whome are very prolfic. And if he comes in and does the biz he stays in the side and Billy or Clarke can rest up, I think he’d be a great signing for us...and apparently so does his Dad,

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    I don’t think he would have anything like the same problem with us, Carloss is the problem he doesn’t trust youth. He’d probably point to CCV’s mistakes on Tuesday to make his point, totally ignoring the fact that 3 kids have played an intigral part in why we’re currently 11 points above his shower.

I think Wilder would use Hurst like he’s used Brooks and initially at least bring him off the bench. Take Billy and Clarke out of the equation and we’re left with Hanson, Donaldson and Lavery, non of whome are very prolfic. And if he comes in and does the biz he stays in the side and Billy or Clarke can rest up, I think he’d be a great signing for us...and apparently so does his Dad,
    Young Hirtsy defo knows where the onion bag is Gray,i've seen him 3 or 4 times the last time he barely had a kick but in a game at Cliffe the pigs beat us 2-0 and he scored 2 good goals.I still think a fit Ched Evans can contribute this season.UTCB

I would have to agree re Evans Rod.

Let’s hope Ched’s da man, he must be getting close.to having a kick about id have thought.

Like young Rod (but unlike many who express opinions) I have watched young Hirsty a few times and agree with Gray as to how CW would likely treat him. Both Billy and Leon are in their thirties which often leads to a few more injuries - and fit as they are - they are not going to last forever. Long term, I think young Hirsty would be an excellent signing - assuming attitude is right. Sadly, I think he will go to a bigger, richer club than us (though not as big as the Massives of course, because there isn’t one).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast