+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Latest odds

Latest odds

I notice Stan James now has us at a realistic 4/1 for promotion this season.

Makes old Bruno’s boast of taking 7/4 look a bit a bit silly, doesn’t it? Although, come to think about it, nearly everything he says makes him appear completely doolally anyway. Too much red wine?

still think those odds are too short at this stage of the season ronnie about 8s would be my estimation maybe stan james know who were signing in january lol utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    I notice Stan James now has us at a realistic 4/1 for promotion this season.

Makes old Bruno’s boast of taking 7/4 look a bit a bit silly, doesn’t it? Although, come to think about it, nearly everything he says makes him appear completely doolally anyway. Too much red wine?
    He recommended a £5 double the other night that he said would "pay a weeks wages"

Would've paid out £14.52.

7/4 Bet 365
    2/1 Skybet

Very stingy

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    still think those odds are too short at this stage of the season ronnie about 8s would be my estimation maybe stan james know who were signing in january lol utb ftp
    As there are 24 teams in the Division and 3 get promoted, just on averages, they should all be about 7/1. If you consider that any of about 15 could go up, then (again taking a very simplistic view) 4/1 would be about right. Personally, I wouldn’t back them at that price, but will possibly look at it again after the JTW. Last year, I was very confident (and backed them)after 12 games. This year will be a very big ask - and if CW could pull that off - he truly would be a miracle worker!

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    He recommended a £5 double the other night that he said would "pay a weeks wages"

Would've paid out £14.52.
    Have a like HC.

oh yeah hadnt thought about it that way ronnie actually with the points weve already got in the bag we could go on a bad run and still be in contention january is gonna be a big month for us the players we bring in and i think we need 3 will determine which way the club really wants to go feels sure jamie murphy will be one too many rumours on other sites for it not to be on the cards be an excellent loan signing imo utb ftp

Quote Originally Posted by Holden_C View Post
    7/4 Bet 365
    2/1 Skybet

Very stingy
    Leicester's remarkable season when they won the Premier league will have shortened all football odds i wudda thought Marvin,but no way would i bet on us at 4/1 neva mind owt shorter and that aint bein pessimistic just realistic.UTCB