+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Barnsley - v - Leeds United ***Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by norfolk white View Post
    That's the form team that took us to the top, in control all game, alioski improves every game.
    Like i said earlier, didnt see or hear, but once Saiz and Alioski were named i had hope they would do well, as they have in the past!

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Correctamundo! We did well at seasons start with similar tactics even if the formation at the front on paper goes back to the single striker of recent (hopefully soon to be forgotten) performances. Saiz and Alioski work well together and if Ekuban gives a little pinnacle to that front, no bad thing.

Just out of interest did Ekuban impress? The comments here would suggest he did?
    Yes, put himself about very effectively, won some tackles, won some balls in the air, linked well with others, dropped deeper when he had to, had a couple of (quite difficult) chances. All in all very encouraging, and in terms of overall contribution to the team performance, definitely an improvement on Lasogga.

Good win. Pleased. However, definitely should have trounced that team proper.

Bit of perspective eh?
    Most thought we where on the slide - I think we are about where we should be.
    Good week overall? beat Borough at home and beat Barnsley away - and lost away to the team that will walk away with this tough league on current form.
    Love or loath at least Christiansen is playing attacking football - and despite being bullied in several games - that cannot be said today - I thought our foreign contingent where pretty good [If only Saiz would look up now and then] and Allioski - still a lightweight - scored his fourth in four...
    I was aghast when I got there today to see our team sheet - not Hernandez and the others up front FFS?
    Took it all back withing ten minutes of the off ..... Ekuban was a revelation - by a country mile our best...most mobile ... hard working center forward ... Saiz is class, Hernandez seems to have worked out what hard work actually means, and Allioski - though I would love to see him switch sides just occasionally - is showing wat he an do when given the chance.
    Atb the back - hard to say 'cos Barnsley where pi ss poor, but the defence did everything that wa sasked of them.
    My only gripe in the game was the usual refereeing decisions - Pontus booked after less than three minutes for his first offence - the tw at who got Ayling booked kept receiving a "Severe talking to" when he shouls have been sent off - manager had the sense to sub him at half time.

Six points this week is a decent return IMO.
    And before anyone says it I'm NOT claiming we are doing well, or we will make the play off's - but, Wolves aside I can't think of any teams that are actually that much better than us on our day.

The other thing that amused me was that there where ...or certainly seemed to be - more Leeds fans that Barnsley tossers there today - all sat talking in their own perculiar version of English in their local boozers - rather than bothering to turn up for the game - plastic fans the lot of'em!!!!

Good result against one of our many bogey teams. Got quite a few winable ones comming up too, so all looking better this evening. Not convinced about TCs defensive side against better teams but if he keeps racking up a few wins then all is good.

And we seem to missing some comments from our usual tyke trolls. Wonder why?

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Bit of perspective eh?
    Most thought we where on the slide - I think we are about where we should be.
    Good week overall? beat Borough at home and beat Barnsley away - and lost away to the team that will walk away with this tough league on current form.
    Love or loath at least Christiansen is playing attacking football - and despite being bullied in several games - that cannot be said today - I thought our foreign contingent where pretty good [If only Saiz would look up now and then] and Allioski - still a lightweight - scored his fourth in four...
    I was aghast when I got there today to see our team sheet - not Hernandez and the others up front FFS?
    Took it all back withing ten minutes of the off ..... Ekuban was a revelation - by a country mile our best...most mobile ... hard working center forward ... Saiz is class, Hernandez seems to have worked out what hard work actually means, and Allioski - though I would love to see him switch sides just occasionally - is showing wat he an do when given the chance.
    Atb the back - hard to say 'cos Barnsley where pi ss poor, but the defence did everything that wa sasked of them.
    My only gripe in the game was the usual refereeing decisions - Pontus booked after less than three minutes for his first offence - the tw at who got Ayling booked kept receiving a "Severe talking to" when he shouls have been sent off - manager had the sense to sub him at half time.

Six points this week is a decent return IMO.
    And before anyone says it I'm NOT claiming we are doing well, or we will make the play off's - but, Wolves aside I can't think of any teams that are actually that much better than us on our day.

The other thing that amused me was that there where ...or certainly seemed to be - more Leeds fans that Barnsley tossers there today - all sat talking in their own perculiar version of English in their local boozers - rather than bothering to turn up for the game - plastic fans the lot of'em!!!!
    "Like"

Quite simply, player ratings, back five 7, middle two 6, front four 8, the game seemed to bypass Phillips and Okane today, albeit not their fault, nobody had a bad game today, we dominated from start to finish, if I was to have one tiny gripe, considering we had a bucket full of corners, we didn't get a goal from them, some good deliveries, just didn't get onto them

Just a thought, I wonder what our tallest team would be? Maybe then all those corners would be closer to ring converted into goals

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)