+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Another good read...

Another good read...

Saw this the other day, think its been on S2 as well, talking about our set pieces.

Now I'm not a close student of the game, but this guy really knows what he's watching, and its quite alarming how analytical it is. Hope we do this to everyone else...

https://wherethesmokegoes.wordpress....18-set-pieces/

Yes, I read this.
    A paeon of praise to Mr. Wilder and Mr. Knill but I can’t help wishing it had been about some other team rather than us.
    All good teams have always tried to employ blockers at set pieces, whether for or against, but some seem better at it than others.
    Fortunately, we now score more goals from open play, although I do remember with pleasure a very simple set piece move where Brooksy simply back-heeled it to Fleck to get it round “the wall”.

IT is a good read and perhaps gives an insight as to the 'pre-planning' that goes in to set piece play. In this day and age, you can bet there will be dossiers on each teams set pieces including video footage..

Written well and involving a very detailed breakdown, good read for the armchair/terrace Manager.

A smashing read. I actually read it twice and watched the videos even more, just to see the "mastery" at which set plays are executed, it really is a master-class.

There must be lots more "reads" like this out there when things get a bit boring or England (snooze) are playing.

That's saved a lot of coaches a lot of work.