+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sorry Jake Bugg...

If you can get past the fact that it's from a pedo, I aleays liked that Gary Glitter tune that goes: na na na na na, hay, da da da da!

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You are the ultimate in patronisation, Serious. To you, the past is a land where they always did things better but this is clearly not the case.
    Jake Bugg's first album was an absolute joy. I'm not yet into his new one. He is an original talent and doesn't see his mission as being out-Elvising Presley or having a bigger voice than Orbison.
    I believe it was Oscar Wilde who mysteriously said 'All comparisons are odious' and this is what he meant. The same brilliant Oscar who, when asked about his criminal record when he was at Australian customs replied "O, do you still need one of those to get in here?"
    'O' ..... surely 'Oh'?

Oh yes Karl ..... the great Oscar Wilde. Another academic genius who died penniless in his forties. Like a lot of LW Labourites today, no idea whatsoever of how wealth is created .......but expect their free wedge on the backs of others ....... errrm!

Quote Originally Posted by seriouspie View Post
    'O' ..... surely 'Oh'?

Oh yes Karl ..... the great Oscar Wilde. Another academic genius who died penniless in his forties. Like a lot of LW Labourites today, no idea whatsoever of how wealth is created .......but expect their free wedge on the backs of others ....... errrm!
    As someone who has extensively studied classical political economy and it's critique, from Adam Smith through David Ricardo, Thomas Malthus, John Stuart Mill, Jeremy Bentham, Karl Marx and many others... please tell me: how is wealth created?

... ah, 6.025, by issuing your study list you have confirmed the sources of much of your pretentious, patronising piffle. Try Steve Keen for a real world view.

When I saw the video about his match day playlist I did wonder if he'd ever been to a Football match, only the Beastie Boys song he picked is acceptable for pre match imo, the rest is awful music for the situation whether you like that kind of music or not.

Quote Originally Posted by andy6025 View Post
    As someone who has extensively studied classical political economy and it's critique, from Adam Smith through David Ricardo, Thomas Malthus, John Stuart Mill, Jeremy Bentham, Karl Marx and many others... please tell me: how is wealth created?

Do they create wealth perchance?

Probably never worked on a shop floor in their lives.

Wealth is created my friend by Supply and Demand in it's various guises. By selling a product designed to save the buyer money and in turn create cash income for future investment is one example. Countries can trade with one another at competitive prices to buy and sell the other's goods, the profits from these goods going to the end seller.

Bookworms spout other's writings and create nothing generally. Real world entrepreneurs take risks and do it.

I prefer Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Jessee Boot and John Player and other industrialists etc - not pen pushers.
    You could also include Anthony Bamford, Alan Potts and Tim Collins to a more modern list.

As you love quotations ... Here's one from Henry Ford: "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently" - I think the Corbyn crew should take heed - but no that's not fair - as they have no idea of wealth creation, only take from others that have got off their arses and done it.

When you've time, Google MMD Group of Companies. My old boss founded these 40 years ago from a loan on his house. This is wealth creation, made him half a billionaire and many employees comfortable. Alan died three weeks ago and I and many others will be at his funeral next Monday. No son, don't ever try to lecture me on being involved in creating wealth ........... I've spent many a year successfully selling machinery that creates wealth to both buyer and seller.

N.B. Replied to you by mistake ..... should have gone to Sidney
    Last edited by seriouspie; 27-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.

... spot on S-pie

Do they create wealth perchance?

Probably never worked on a shop floor in their lives.

Wealth is created my friend by Supply and Demand in it's various guises. By selling a product designed to save the buyer money and in turn create cash income for future investment is one example. Countries can trade with one another at competitive prices to buy and sell the other's goods, the profits from these goods going to the end seller.

Bookworms spout other's writings and create nothing generally. Real world entrepreneurs take risks and do it.

I prefer Henry Ford, Andrew Carnegie, Jessee Boot and John Player and other industrialists etc - not pen pushers.
    You could also include Anthony Bamford, Alan Potts and Tim Collins to a more modern list.

As you love quotations ... Here's one from Henry Ford: "Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, this time more intelligently" - I think the Corbyn crew should take heed - but no that's not fair - as they have no idea of wealth creation, only take from others that have got off their arses and done it.

When you've time, Google MMD Group of Companies. My old boss founded these 40 years ago from a loan on his house. This is wealth creation, made him half a billionaire and many employees comfortable. Alan died three weeks ago and I and many others will be at his funeral next Monday. No son, don't ever try to lecture me on being involved in creating wealth ........... I've spent many a year successfully selling machinery that creates wealth to both buyer and seller.

N.B. Replied to you by mistake ..... should have gone to Sidney
    You're approaching senility, old feller. It is Andy you're trying to answer here, not me.
    Let me throw you a curved ball in the shape of J K Rowling. On her backside most of the day but probably Britain's biggest wealth creator of the last 20 years when you consider movies and novelties spawned by Harry Potter.
    Your definition of 'wealth creation' is too narrow to have any meaning. What about manufacturing and selling weapons to create wealth and the moral issues involved? (None where you and your ilk are concerned, so long as they make money, I suspect).

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    You're approaching senility, old feller. It is Andy you're trying to answer here, not me.
    Let me throw you a curved ball in the shape of J K Rowling. On her backside most of the day but probably Britain's biggest wealth creator of the last 20 years when you consider movies and novelties spawned by Harry Potter.
    Your definition of 'wealth creation' is too narrow to have any meaning. What about manufacturing and selling weapons to create wealth and the moral issues involved? (None where you and your ilk are concerned, so long as they make money, I suspect).
    Absolute hogwash my old penpusher - but (this gets tiring) you know FA yourself about creating wealth, only quoting others. Good luck to Rowling ....... she's actually done it, I doubt you ever will. However if you have the belief and have a project in mind, never give up and you may realise your ambition, so good luck. Returning to JKR for a second, I have every admiration for her although at my age her books create no personal interest at all. She may well be one of Britain's biggest INDIVIDUAL wealth creators but the film rights and other marketable spin-offs are by others rather than her alone. However that is taking nothing away from the woman - she's made it. Not Britain's biggest wealth creator when you compare (oh we don't do that do we!) her with our larger manufacturing companies but we'll not go into that, just look up MMD as I told you to and your mind will boggle if you appreciate British engineering skills and innovation.

Your last sentence absolutely bloody right. You're in business to make profit and nothing else .... Got it!!!! You bloody Lefties always come up with the weak bloody moral issue. So you would stop making arms altogether, stop selling them because we mustn't harm any enemy of the state? The real world is far removed from that boy, as in business, the strong survive, the weak don't.

Looking at recent world news, hundreds are being slaughtered all over the world by relatively near neighbours and has nothing to do with us. If we had sold them weapons and then decided to stop supply, these factions or their dealer would still have purchased elsewhere anyway. The world is a very dangerous place at the moment - *****footing around will get us nowhere if threatened.

Looking at recent world news
    In other world news seriouspie, how do you feel about the addition of an American mixed-race divorcee to our glorious Royal Family? At least she might provide a boost in the 'looks' department for any offspring, because let's face it Liz's kids and grandkids need all the assistance they can get in that area!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast