+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Embarrassing.

something needs to be done ,looks to me that we are on the slippery slope again ,we have to firethe underperformers or the just not good enoughs ,and im sorry but long term injury guy wee danny has to go surely to free up a wage for an able bodied player ,our manager needs to also get his head out his a.s.s he seems to think we are doing ok most the time his interviews scare me ,my idea of doing well and his version are worlds apart ,we need a decent forward thinking central mid player in fast 2 would be better and we need a faster flowing tactical passing game ,its getting too hard to watch queens atm .

Quote Originally Posted by Francis_begbie_HFC View Post
    something needs to be done ,looks to me that we are on the slippery slope again ,we have to firethe underperformers or the just not good enoughs ,and im sorry but long term injury guy wee danny has to go surely to free up a wage for an able bodied player ,our manager needs to also get his head out his a.s.s he seems to think we are doing ok most the time his interviews scare me ,my idea of doing well and his version are worlds apart ,we need a decent forward thinking central mid player in fast 2 would be better and we need a faster flowing tactical passing game ,its getting too hard to watch queens atm .
    Francis the crowds are in serious decline so the revenues are also plummeting at the same time. Queens are strapped financially and although it would be nice to simply go out and get a better quality of player to replace those you have described as under performers it is far from easy to attract a better quality on the wages we can pay. We can play that slick style on the ground football you mentioned as has happened on a few, too few to be honest, occasions seen this season and I believe the current squad is strong enough. We may have to let Danny go unless he can demonstrate his fitness before January simply to free up wages and then seek a replacement.

Attendances are a really issue. Last weeks was very poor considering we went into the game unbeaten in the league for 8 weeks. Fully understand we struggled against Montrose but they’ve already proven to many sides that they’re a decent team

Serious question though , how do we get locals back through the gates again ????

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    Attendances are a really issue. Last weeks was very poor considering we went into the game unbeaten in the league for 8 weeks. Fully understand we struggled against Montrose but they’ve already proven to many sides that they’re a decent team

Serious question though , how do we get locals back through the gates again ????
    Like many Queens fans I have no idea on how to attract more locals through the Palmy turnstiles especially in this Baltic weather. On the bright side (very slightly) is the fact on the two Saturdays that traditionally are poorly attended we have the Championship's top two teams Dundee United and St. Mirren visiting Dumfries and, hopefully, their fans will increase
    the crowd.

Hopefully crowds increase. I wouldn't mind Queens getting involved in some national campaigns like football vs homophobia. I have been waiting for us to do so for ages and I feel it is about time.

Quote Originally Posted by CptQueens View Post
    Hopefully crowds increase. I wouldn't mind Queens getting involved in some national campaigns like football vs homophobia. I have been waiting for us to do so for ages and I feel it is about time.
    That was better than last weekend performance but another dreadful crowd at Palmerston. Where are all the fans gozing ?

Quote Originally Posted by Spikefaethesouth View Post
    Francis the crowds are in serious decline so the revenues are also plummeting at the same time. Queens are strapped financially and although it would be nice to simply go out and get a better quality of player to replace those you have described as under performers it is far from easy to attract a better quality on the wages we can pay. We can play that slick style on the ground football you mentioned as has happened on a few, too few to be honest, occasions seen this season and I believe the current squad is strong enough. We may have to let Danny go unless he can demonstrate his fitness before January simply to free up wages and then seek a replacement.
    Danny has a contract up until May 2018 so it's not a case of letting him go, do you think he'll just tear up his contract and walk away?

The question has to be asked as to why the attendance at Palmerston is decreasing, I would hazard a guess that it's got a lot to do with the quality or lack of it on show or more specifically the tactics which Queens seem to revert to from kick off onwards. Hoofball really isn't the way to attract paying punters, added to that the surface at Palmerston is far more suited to getting the ball on the ground and playing short, quick passes, keeping possession and trying to open teams up using the movement of Dobbie etc. Has the manager ever been asked the question about why the team are so insistent on playing the long ball, is it through instructions from him or something this current squad have chosen to do as they don't feel comfortable getting the ball down and trying to play through the middle, might be worth asking him.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)