+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Results go our way

Results go our way

Ok the performances this week have been abysmal and I refuse to listen to any of this 'Hecky is one of our own' stuff at the moment etc, because theres simply no defending that is there!.
    However, todays other results have gone in our favour and apart from Reading & Birmingham scraping draws and gaining a point on us, theres only Sunderland out of the teams below us who have won today. We're still on 20 pts, and are still 6+ pts ahead of the drop zone.
    We move on of course, and what are the chances of us taking 4 points maybe from these next two games against Reading & Bolton ?.

QP.Rangers 21 pts, -6
    BARNSLEY 20 pts, -2
    Reading 20 pts, -3
    Millwall 19 pts, -1
    Hull 18 pts, -3
    Birmingham 16 pts, -18
    ---------------------------
    Sunderland 14 pts, -10
    Burton 14 pts, -25
    Bolton 13 pts, -20
    Last edited by Acido; 25-11-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Ok the performances this week have been abysmal and I refuse to listen to any of this 'Hecky is one of our own' stuff at the moment etc, because theres simply no defending that is there!.
    However, todays other results have gone in our favour and apart from Reading & Birmingham scraping draws and gaining a point on us, theres only Sunderland out of the teams below us who have won today. We're still on 20 pts, and are still 6+ pts ahead of the drop zone.
    We move on of course, and what are the chances of us taking 4 points maybe from these next two games against Reading & Bolton ?.

QP.Rangers 21 pts, -6
    BARNSLEY 20 pts, -2
    Reading 20 pts, -3
    Millwall 19 pts, -1
    Hull 18 pts, -3
    Birmingham 16 pts, -18
    ---------------------------
    Sunderland 14 pts, -10
    Burton 14 pts, -25
    Bolton 13 pts, -20

Once you get to grips with the fact that this season is going to be one of frustration , delight , mediocre , promise and inconsistency then the less likely you will seek scapegoats .

Taking a match by match view is flawed , the project needs to be viewed over a longer term , the league table looks fine tonight from where I'm sitting .

I know that Animal, and this time last week I was happy to say that was a really good point/draw for us away at Naarich.
    But I say again that theres no defending these two home games against Cardiff & Leeds is there, if any fan wants to make excuses for those games then thats surely bordering on 'deluded'.
    Im still trying to look at the so called bigger picture for this season, and thats 21st (4th from bottom) or higher isnt it. Yes a mid table finish sounds brilliant at this moment, that really would be ace.

It was poor today, no denying that. Just another reminder of what our head coach is faced with

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    It was poor today, no denying that. Just another reminder of what our head coach is faced with
    It makes it even worse Pass when we hear that Hecky himself isnt 'allegedly' responsible for signing this or that particular player.
    So what on earth is happening then when the head coach/manager isnt the one who is making these new signings (and they have turned out to be average at best so far!).

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    I know that Animal, and this time last week I was happy to say that was a really good point/draw for us away at Naarich.
    But I say again that theres no defending these two home games against Cardiff & Leeds is there, if any fan wants to make excuses for those games then thats surely bordering on 'deluded'.
    Im still trying to look at the so called bigger picture for this season, and thats 21st (4th from bottom) or higher isnt it. Yes a mid table finish sounds brilliant at this moment, that really would be ace.
    The script was written long before the season began so excuses aren't necessary .

Many of us knew it was a big ask and so its proving .

That's how the chips have fallen so you accept it for what it is , the Head Coach into his second full season leading a squad of young players never tested at this level .

No point even getting wound up about it now , I did my stint in the summer on this board and to be honest it will either come off or it won't and that's about as much as I'm prepared to offer on it .

Dress it up how you want Animal that was a fuc kin disgrace.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Dress it up how you want Animal that was a fuc kin disgrace.
    Not dressing anything up steve , missed the game due to work but it doesn't sound like we were great at all .

Next two games may be different , who knows .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Not dressing anything up steve , missed the game due to work but it doesn't sound like we were great at all .
    Next two games may be different , who knows .
    I went to work after the match... very depressed. Rallied later as we have have had 3 pretty tough games in 7 days. Young squad etc.....
    I think if we had played these games the other way round after the international break we would have had 6 points. Beat Leeds, beat Cardiff, and lost as usual to Naarwich...
    Animal,they were poor today. As poor as Bristol. Only Fryers, Williams, and Hammill any credit from me.....And Davo. Great handling, difficult conditions.
    I predict two wins on the road. ...
    Ugbo may as well go back for me.
    I’d like to see Jason McCarthy back, and Mallan for Moncur. McCarthy goes forward, always looking to get it forward, not the side ways, and backwards ball that we are seeing at the moment that’s getting in the Sh1t. I’ve not seen the replay on the box as just got in... but If I remember it as I think I do ...Yiadom beats a man, then cuts inside and him and looks to play back and loses it and it’s swept to midfield and were backing off.....
    Too much side and back.
    They can’t score if the balls in their half.

Bradshaw was a wrong move for me today. Injured backs don’t heal that quick, and although he didnt show signs of it in the game, what damage could playing him today have done?.....
    At halftime I’d have released the young lad Adeboyejo on, with the words “Make yourself famous son,get us a goal early on and we’ll win this”
    Last edited by Jules88; 26-11-2017 at 02:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    I went to work after the match... very depressed. Rallied later as we have have had 3 pretty tough games in 7 days. Young squad etc.....
    I think if we had played these games the other way round after the international break we would have had 6 points. Beat Leeds, beat Cardiff, and lost as usual to Naarwich...
    Animal,they were poor today. As poor as Bristol. Only Fryers, Williams, and Hammill any credit from me.....And Davo. Great handling, difficult conditions.
    I predict two wins on the road. ...
    Ugbo may as well go back for me.
    I’d like to see Jason McCarthy back, and Mallan for Moncur. McCarthy goes forward, always looking to get it forward, not the side ways, and backwards ball that we are seeing at the moment that’s getting in the Sh1t. I’ve not seen the replay on the box as just got in... but If I remember it as I think I do ...Yiadom beats a man, then cuts inside and him and looks to play back and loses it and it’s swept to midfield and were backing off.....
    Too much side and back.
    They can’t score if the balls in their half.

Bradshaw was a wrong move for me today. Injured backs don’t heal that quick, and although he didnt show signs of it in the game, what damage could playing him today have done?.....
    At halftime I’d have released the young lad Adeboyejo on, with the words “Make yourself famous son,get us a goal early on and we’ll win this”
    Having watched a recording of the game it looks to me that Leeds pressed us very well , didn't give us the opportunity to get into our stride , as a result they looked the hungrier and more committed team .

Two well taken goals and job done , we were old manned , had a number done on us and we had no answers .

Learning curve or a major weakness ?

Time will tell of course .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast