+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Results go our way

Something has to change at home? We are a different proposition away? Leeds did press us really well and made it difficult for us it gave us no space to play whatsoever, Cardiff just sat back and played to their defensive strengths and got a lucky goal in the 83rd minute, they came for a point and went away with 3.
    Away from home teams try to attack and it opens up for us and we capitalize much more!
    I don’t know what the answer is? I think the threat Izzy offers is really missed at the moment because his pace scares teams, I also wouldn’t play Potts at home as he seems to thrive on the space he gets away and plays well, apart from Sunderland has he had a good game at home?
    Bradshaw needs a partner and Hecky needs to stop swapping and changing the defence so much so they can get some understanding going.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    Something has to change at home? We are a different proposition away? Leeds did press us really well and made it difficult for us it gave us no space to play whatsoever, Cardiff just sat back and played to their defensive strengths and got a lucky goal in the 83rd minute, they came for a point and went away with 3.
    Away from home teams try to attack and it opens up for us and we capitalize much more!
    I don’t know what the answer is? I think the threat Izzy offers is really missed at the moment because his pace scares teams, I also wouldn’t play Potts at home as he seems to thrive on the space he gets away and plays well, apart from Sunderland has he had a good game at home?
    Bradshaw needs a partner and Hecky needs to stop swapping and changing the defence so much so they can get some understanding going.

We have played 33 Championship games at Oakwell since winning promotion and won only nine

3 of these were our first 3 back in the division

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    We have played 33 Championship games at Oakwell since winning promotion and won only nine

3 of these were our first 3 back in the division

Worrying stat is that. If away form dries up then we're right up against it.

What I saw was really poor yesterday with very few positives. We'll hopefully bounce back

I bet Hecky wishes he could play the Cardiff match again. Would he have rested Barnes, Moncur and Bradshaw?

It's fine margins though. We arguably should have taken a point at Wolves, beaten QPR, and got a draw against Cardiff. That's an extra 4 points, which would have seen us in 14th place and 10 points above the drop zone. All part and parcel of playing a young, inexperienced team I guess, older heads would have dug in and held on to those points.

Sometimes I think that just one older head out there would do it, someone who could wear the armband in midfield and rally the troops when needed. I'm not saying Davies is a bad captain, but he's in the sticks, he can't take charge of anything much from back there.

He picks the ball out of his net well Old Goat

Well, he's had plenty of practice Steve

I thought Id bring this thread back instead of creating a new one, todays results were mixed but most of them went our way. Ok both Sunderland & Burton won but at least their win meant Bolton lost, and with Birmingham losing again todays point (and clean sheet) for us at Brentford was an important one.
    We're approaching christmas and the half way point in the season, and we're now on 21 points and 4+ points ahead of the drop zone. If the 2nd half of the season goes the same way, we'll be lucky to reach 44 points and that wont be enough to keep us up. But by the sounds of it we got something unusual today at Brentford, that little bit of luck away from home which we dont normally get and maybe that could be the start of something better.
    Id have happily taken a 0-0 today if it were offered and while it sounds like we were totally outplayed, I wont complain about that tonight.

Results certainly havent gone our way today have they, and the lead has been cut to 2 points at the half way point in the season.

19. Hull 22 pts, -4
    20. Barnsley 21 pts, -11
    21. Burton 20 pts, -25
    -------------------------------
    22. Sunderland 19 pts, -11
    23. Bolton 19 pts, -18
    24. Birmingham 17 pts, -21

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12