+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Young Players

Young Players

We've got to give young players a chance some say, we've got to accept they'll make mistakes but we need to be patient because they're the foundations our club will be built on in the future they say.
    Well you should have been sat near me today because the abuse dished out to a 20 year old goalkeeper by some our so-called supporters was nauseating.
    Ajayi and Purrington have also suffered at the hands of these clowns so the dream of developing youngsters seems a pretty distant one because so many of our "expert" fans just won't give them time to develop.

Poor to be reading that. Thing is Rodak can leave in January so won’t have to keep hearing the abuse.

Ajayi does though seem to have gone backwards in his development. Purrington has been out for a while but Warne splashed the cash on him so he has to develop him more or it will show a poor signing.
    Last edited by Brin; 25-11-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    We've got to give young players a chance some say, we've got to accept they'll make mistakes but we need to be patient because they're the foundations our club will be built on in the future they say.
    Well you should have been sat near me today because the abuse dished out to a 20 year old goalkeeper by some our so-called supporters was nauseating.
    Ajayi and Purrington have also suffered at the hands of these clowns so the dream of developing youngsters seems a pretty distant one because so many of our "expert" fans just won't give them time to develop.
    Wasn't me mellow. I try not to be too critical of individual players, a big % of goals come from errors and some come from the skill of opposing players. They're picked as a team and should perform as a team. They take the credit if we win
    so should take the criticism if they're not up to standard,( that's constructive critcism not abuse)
    You should do what I do mellow.....ask the abusers which standard of football they played at.

Brin, not sure they can send Rodak back, not without paying his salary for the rest of the season. All depends what's written into his loan agreement.
    Play Rodak against Bristol Rovers next Saturday.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 25-11-2017 at 08:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Wasn't me mellow. I try not to be too critical of individual players, a big % of goals come from errors and some come from the skill of opposing players. They're picked as a team and should perform as a team. They take the credit if we win
    so should take the criticism if they're not up to standard,( that's constructive critcism not abuse)
    You should do what I do mellow.....ask the abusers which standard of football they played at.

Brin, not sure they can send Rodak back, not without paying his salary for the rest of the season. All depends what's written into his loan agreement.
    The thing is Frank, I sit in the Family Stand and some of the stuff that goes off in there is pretty surprising.
    I asked one of the muppets, a grandfather with his 7 year old grandson, how he thought his abuse would help a 20 year old who was learning his trade. His reply was brief and the second word was "off."
    Makes you wonder what his grandson will turn out like 😕

The thing is Frank, I sit in the Family Stand and some of the stuff that goes off in there is pretty surprising.
    I asked one of the muppets, a grandfather with his 7 year old grandson, how he thought his abuse would help a 20 year old who was learning his trade. His reply was brief and the second word was "off."
    Makes you wonder what his grandson will turn out like 😕
    If it’s anything like the people on the road I’d say a total dk head

Warney could easily tell the "senior players" that if they aren't going to defend or pass properly, he will give the young 'uns a chance in the starting eleven - eg any from Hinds, Wiles, the NI under-19 international lads, Warren, Bailey-King, Bilboe (although from what I've seen of Warney's star signings Bray and Purrington, probably don't bother with them). it's hard to believe that the rest would be any worse than the "first teamers". For reasons best known to himself, Warney won't do that. That tactic worked well with Jimmy McGuigan though!
    Last edited by mikemiller; 25-11-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Agree 100% mellow pal.

Some numpty yesterday near me was giving Cummings dogs abuse.
    I told him to button it his response is unprintable although at half time he was quiet when I stood next to him the prat.
    Trouble is as a club we’re not very good at developing any players and that’s the issue no philosophy whatsoever.

UTM

Quote Originally Posted by Pocket rocket View Post
    Agree 100% mellow pal.

Some numpty yesterday near me was giving Cummings dogs abuse.
    I told him to button it his response is unprintable although at half time he was quiet when I stood next to him the prat.
    Trouble is as a club we’re not very good at developing any players and that’s the issue no philosophy whatsoever.

UTM
    Do you reckon that because Warne has been really popular with the fans, that he won't risk that popularity by, blooding too many youngsters in case results suffer?

Possibly yes but it needs to come from the top down.
    If the club are honest that this is the route they are going down instead of a top 5 budget crap then maybe more would buy into it.

We have a few good young uns let’s use them.
    Doesn’t have to be every game for 90 mins a good manager would know that.

I'm for young players given there chance if they are good enough. Rodak, Ajayi & Yates aren't. Bray certainly isn't. Purrington hope he gets fit so we can judge him proper. Want to see Hinds, Wiles & Bailey-King involved.

Pocket you wouldn't like being with me at the game. I told who I was sat with yesterday side Warney put out we'd got no chance. Rodak, Cummings & Forde would never be in my side. No Vaulks starting when our midfield 3 was shocking. Was I proved right. I usually am. Check my NH tips 2 out 3 yesterday. I must know something.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast