+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Warne Listen Up = GO NOW

Warne Listen Up = GO NOW

Nowt else to say but majority of fans think this way.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    majority of fans think this way.
    Do they?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    Do they?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by a123 View Post
    Yes
    Fair enough, I've seen a lot against him on here but most people sat near me today were defending him and saying it's ridiculous to consider sacking him, so we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.

Fair enough, I've seen a lot against him on here but most people sat near me today were defending him and saying it's ridiculous to consider sacking him, so we'll have to agree to disagree on this one.
    Hopefully sooner rather than later the axe will fall.

It's my opinion it was the wrong appointment at the wrong time and now we see a run akin to last seasons disasters with little sign from our management team that they know what's wrong and more importantly what is needed to change and improve the situation.

The vast majority of players signed by Warne are poor and added to the rank awful signings of last year represent a less than average league one side at best.

I am not confident of giving him another transfer window in January, not that much money will be made available by the chairman, because I have no confidence he knows what is wrong in the team and knows the players to sign to strengthen it.

We are clueless at how to defend set pieces and crosses coming into our box, which begs the question what do the defence work on all week in training? Similarly in the attacking 3rd we have no idea how to turn corners and set pieces to our advantage.

We are again for the 3rd season running now looking like one of the most unfit teams in the division so again what do the players do in training?

I said at the start of the season we would finish lower mid table, somewhere between 13th and 21st position and I see little reason to change that view and worry now that I was being over optimistic.

I always felt that this season was going to be difficult following the shambles of last season, but I did at least hope we would have started to see a defence who could defend and finally manage to sign a decent striker who actually belongs to the club.

There are few signs that the directors and management of the club have learnt from last season and as the old adage goes if you keep doing the same things over and over again then don't be surprised when the outcome is the same.

Hopefully sooner rather than later the axe will fall.

It's my opinion it was the wrong appointment at the wrong time and now we see a run akin to last seasons disasters with little sign from our management team that they know what's wrong and more importantly what is needed to change and improve the situation.

The vast majority of players signed by Warne are poor and added to the rank awful signings of last year represent a less than average league one side at best.

I am not confident of giving him another transfer window in January, not that much money will be made available by the chairman, because I have no confidence he knows what is wrong in the team and knows the players to sign to strengthen it.

We are clueless at how to defend set pieces and crosses coming into our box, which begs the question what do the defence work on all week in training? Similarly in the attacking 3rd we have no idea how to turn corners and set pieces to our advantage.

We are again for the 3rd season running now looking like one of the most unfit teams in the division so again what do the players do in training?

I said at the start of the season we would finish lower mid table, somewhere between 13th and 21st position and I see little reason to change that view and worry now that I was being over optimistic.

I always felt that this season was going to be difficult following the shambles of last season, but I did at least hope we would have started to see a defence who could defend and finally manage to sign a decent striker who actually belongs to the club.

There are few signs that the directors and management of the club have learnt from last season and as the old adage goes if you keep doing the same things over and over again then don't be surprised when the outcome is the same.
    Again, I disagree, I just think that if you already have a poor team and then massively cut the budget what do you expect to happen? Why everyone assumed we'd sign much better players in a lower division with less money I'll never know.

Again, I disagree, I just think that if you already have a poor team and then massively cut the budget what do you expect to happen? Why everyone assumed we'd sign much better players in a lower division with less money I'll never know.
    The new players are generally not the worst. I hoped that the 2016/17 players would look better playing at level three... but, most of them have looked even worse than they were last season

I didn't expect us to splash the cash but I did expect us to do the basics like sign defenders who can actually defend and not panic every time the opposition puts a cross into our box or has the gall to run at them.

As I said in my previous post I had rock bottom expectations for this season exactly for the reason that last years squad was so poor I didn't expect the faults to be sorted out in 6 months.

I did however expect to see in the new players the green shoots of recovery, a squad who was fit and competitive and not to just repeat the same mistakes of last season.

The players are poorly set up, unfit and badly coached and the buck for all that stops at the managers door.

Come on do you really believe given time the dream team of Warne and Barker are going to turn into world beaters, because I just don't see it?

It's simply another example of taking the cheap option and the total lack of ambition at the club.

Quote Originally Posted by bogsdollox View Post
    Nowt else to say but majority of fans think this way.
    If carlsberg did bullshyte posts, they'd do this....what a load of bogsdollox, a few manager wannabees who don't really have a clue giving it the large one doesn't constitute a majority of fans of RUFC, not by a long chalk.

Come on do you really believe given time the dream team of Warne and Barker are going to turn into world beaters, because I just don't see it?
    No I don't, and I don't remember saying that I thought they would? I think a big problem is that people are expecting world beaters and forgetting we're Rotherham United. I'm not saying we should have no ambition but I think there's a lot of unrealistic expectation from some fans. The same fans moaning about a lack of planning or building for the future at the club are the same ones who want to sack the manager after a bad month or so.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast