+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Toughing it out at the Top

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yet it's the plumber that GB is taking about when saying he read folk say we'd now win the league easily.
    Presumably Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician was envisaging our powder would remain dry. The players allowed it to get damp, with the result we struggle to compete.

It was good the way we played in the first half against Brechin but again we did not put away our chances.

I think we need to learn to take corners and to defend corners.
    Maybe that could be the theme for extra training.

Toughing it out at the top is better than toughing it out at the bottom like the Fun are at the moment. When we go up I want us to be able to compete at least for top 6, so if Shabba makes us better as we tough it out it'll stand us in good stead for next season.

Everything is ALWAYS better than being a Funster

Not sure what to wish for tonight.

Can’t help but think St Mirren are the biggest threat - especially now there is to be no vancacy at Aberdeen for Jack Ross to fill.

Probably best for a Livi win to knock St Mirren a bit though draw would be ok

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_Jam View Post
    I think we need to learn to take corners and to defend corners.
    Maybe that could be the theme for extra training.
    About 3 years ago! Regardless, perhaps it's because we don't have anyone that can take a corner that makes practising this in training difficult.

Weirdly there has never been a home victory for either side in the St Mirren v Livingston fixture including both meetings this season being away wins

St Mirren do have a good home record though

The main thing is us breezing Dunfermline and then putting in two good away performances at Morton and QotS

Would take 7 points from 9 in next 3 games as long as we beat Dunfermline.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Toughing it out at the top is better than toughing it out at the bottom like the Fun are at the moment. When we go up I want us to be able to compete at least for top 6, so if Shabba makes us better as we tough it out it'll stand us in good stead for next season.
    Madness - I'd rather be in the bottom half of the top flight than the top of the Championship - it's an absolute no brainer.

or bottom sixth of the top flight jizzin about a 3rd league win in 18 games

Quote Originally Posted by FTD1983 View Post
    Madness - I'd rather be in the bottom half of the top flight than the top of the Championship - it's an absolute no brainer.
    What I meant was I'd rather have a good coach that builds us over the rest of the season into a team that can compete for top 6 once up, than be 12th in the Premiership or whatever the fluk it's called now and struggling at this moment, likely to come back down again.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)