+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Toughing it out at the Top

Toughing it out at the Top

A point today has at least kept us at the top of the league which is a big thing

To win a league you have to win a lot of matches and our record against the part timers whilst in the championship has been poor.

However it’s the matches against the top sides which are the most important - the 6 pointers

I don’t think the top 4 will change. It’s us, Saints, Livi and Dunfermline.

We need to try and get ahead of this lot (no play offs please) and to do that we need to beat them in matches against them

Disappointing today but it’s Livi playing Saints on Tuesday and then we have to beat Dunfermline at home on Saturday.

The trip to paisley over Christmas is already looking massive.

Important to try and stay top to then

Come on United!!!

I read a post last week saying we would skoosh the league now but i never believed that,as i have had posted a few times now on various thread's the players need to have a good look in the mirror.How can they fail so badly for McKinnon then up their game for his NO 2?.
    Anyone thinking all our problem's are solved with a managerial change are living in dream land,there are still too many players at this club who are saft as shyte both mentally and physically and its gonna take more than cancelling their Wednesday off to cure the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post
    I read a post last week saying we would skoosh the league now but i never believed that,as i have had posted a few times now on various thread's the players need to have a good look in the mirror.How can they fail so badly for McKinnon then up their game for his NO 2?.
    Anyone thinking all our problem's are solved with a managerial change are living in dream land,there are still too many players at this club who are saft as shyte both mentally and physically and its gonna take more than cancelling their Wednesday off to cure the problem.
    ^^^ This. Some of the posts last week after a victory over a sh1t Falkirk team were premature to say the least.

We are only top on borrowed time. Livi win they go top any other result and Midden go top either outright by two points or on goal difference we need a postponement to remain top. Still good news is the top team keeps losing points.

Quote Originally Posted by GUNBOAT View Post

Like Nelson at Trafalgar, Gunboat fires off an accurate broadside. Such, short, sharp, target hitting fusillades are usually associated with Middle Eastern Sanitary Technician.

Yet it's the plumber that GB is taking about when saying he read folk say we'd now win the league easily.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Yet it's the plumber that GB is taking about when saying he read folk say we'd now win the league easily.

That's what I thought of right away, pure fantasy stuff to think we will suddenly win this league comfortably

We never win anything comfortably!

To be fair, we have won three cup finals three nil.

thats a very good point. I was still worried about 3 goals in injury time lol!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)