+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Football Leagues reshuffling

Football Leagues reshuffling

Hi all, so we have now won our 3rd game in a row and are happily sitting pretty in the top 4 of the hardest league in the world. However, Steve Bruce has come out with a very accurate statement that:

"The programme is ridiculous, and I can say that now because we’ve just won three games but it is ridiculous.

"It’s not right really because you are just asking people to play tired but that’s another debate."

He is spot on. There are too many teams in this league. The championship is better attended than most leagues around the world (depending on who finds themselves in it of course).

My solution is that the championship should only have 20 teams in it.

It got me thinking that WHEN the European Super League is created - with the likes of Arsenal, Man utd, Man City, Chelsea and of course Leicester City (or maybe Liverpool in their place then the top supported clubs in the championship should be put in the prem and Celtic and Rangers can be moved into the championship and we won't be asking players to put their bodies thru the agony of 5 games in a week!

Thoughts?

I didn't understand a word of that Sam. Sorry I can't help. Ps I'm on your heals in the fantasy football.

I actually don’t think it should be too much of a problem. I’m really enjoying this league. Perhaps it’s because we are winning more than we’re losing! It’s the same for all the sides. In my opinion, Bruce need some to find a way in which he can’t rotate the squad a little more and put a bit of trust in the likes of Grealish, Landsbury, O’Hare and Bree. He’s pretty much played the same group of players in the last three games.

Agree entirely with your suggestion Picasso it’s something I’ve been banging on about myself for ages
    The sooner the so called top 6 go off & chase the coin in a Euro super league the better for me
    After all without the rest of the cannon fodder in the Prem (no disrespect to fans or clubs)where would they be?
    I’m also of the opinion should this super league materialse that it would benefit all the home national teams & provide a breakthrough for the home nations homegrown talent instead of them being in some cases playing second fiddle to all the foreign players who play for the top 6 or so Premier clubs

UTV

A super league should have been created 20-30 years ago.

It should have been 2 divisions of about 20 clubs from every country in Europe that has a league. The club representing its country would go back to play in domestic cups only.

It would be 2 up and 2 down in both divisions.

There would be a UEFA type competition for the best clubs outside of the super league and the two finalists would be promoted into the super league 2.

Eventually the minnow clubs from the unheard of leagues of smaller countries would get relegated out and bigger clubs from England, Spain, Italy, France and Germany will take their place along with shock finalists possibly from Belgium and Portugal joining them

Get rid of the international break and it wouldn't be a problem, even with the break it's still only 6 games across a season vs the PL.

Not sure the paying public (TV subscribers and those attending matches) would be that keen in the UK, the top tier would be very good though. Imagine playing Real Madrid, PSG and Bayern week in week out.

It is dumb that Barcelona and Madrids are playing Malaga and Depotivo and Chelsea and Man City are playing Stoke and Bournemouth.

If a club is making great money then build a team win the league which now has 2, 3 or 4 giants missing and win the Euro cup or reach the final and get up into the super league.

Well I don't think there enough games they say sat wed sat wed but how many mid week games have we had since August barring LC. 5?
    And why should we have an interbational break? Just carry on with the fixtures. Isn't that the reason why we have a squad? Ffs how many England players come from the Championship? Why should we be bothered about any other country??

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)