+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Absolutely dreading today

Absolutely dreading today

As great as it's been to reach a Cup Final, I reckon today is going to be a horrible experience for us and one that ends in a forty-two carat sickener.

As I said earlier in the week, we're either going to get absolutely hammered or we'll lose late on or on penalties and as bad as this sounds, a massive hammering is what I'd choose right now if I had the choice between that and a 'brave' performance and a late/penalties defeat.

I hate, HATE with a passion 'glorious failure' and all the patronising pats on the back that come with it. There is no glory whatsoever in failure, especially in a Cup Final. A Cup Final is a MUST WIN GAME no matter who the opposition is and when you lose there are no positives to take whatsoever. You don't lift a trophy when you play well, or turn in a spirited performance, or give a good account of yourselves, you only lift a trophy when you WIN the tie. That's it, no two ways about it.

I'd love nothing more than for us to win today but it's just not going to happen and if we run them close and still lose out then I think I'll need to hide away for a fortnight because if I see or hear any report or account that gives us credit for our part in a glorious failure then I will blow a f&cking gasket!

That said, to everyone going today, enjoy your day and stay safe.

I can see where your coming from, but go and enjoy the day. We are in a cup final, it doesn't happen that often so go and enjoy it. Look where we were last year. A final was a million miles away at that point. Just enjoy the day man.

LSM - many of us understand exactly how you feel. I reckon we have a one in ten chance of winning BUT this team are the kind that can take the chance by the scruff of the neck and get a positive result. This time it is not just a hope that we can win but a belief that we can win. Head up, man. Leaving now for a 50 mile drive to Hampden. C’mon the ‘Well.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)