+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pay peanuts and that's what you get !!!!!

Pay peanuts and that's what you get !!!!!

Appointing Paul Warne was the cheap option YET AGAIN.We have a manager who has brought in inadequate assistants, who have dreadful CVs but they're "good buddies".A clear out must happen as we are sinking faster than the Titanic.Only six points from safety!!! The chairman must take responsibility.Promises about a change of plan for the club following the "Barnsley example" is just a myth.We have four goalkeepers on the books two of which no other club wanted and a "rookie" from Fulham on loan who is not up to the job.Why on earth has Bilboe not been given a chance?This defence is the worst we have had.Two full backs who are slow and constantly out of position,Wood whose legs have gone and should never have been given another contract, likewise Mattock.Then it@s "toss a coin" , Ajayi or Ihiekwe,all depends who has made the fewest mistakes in the previous match who gets the nod.If we played the youngsters, they would have a chance of learning from any mistakes they make. Now to central midfield,Frecks and Potter.Two veterans who have been very good players but have now have got too much mileage on the clock.It really was painful to see Frecks yesterday after several marvellous seasons with us.Because they were both being outrun, they were resorting to fouls on their opposite numbers.We have been conned in to taking Emmanuel and Moore to give them experience,because they were cheap to loan,we gladly took them on board.Moore will go back in January,after giving him match experience and increasing his value.We have had one way of playing,hoof it up to Moore.However opposing managers know where our "dangers! are, this has been sussed out and they know how to win games against us.Unless the chairman brings in a proper manager with a PROPER BUDGET,we will go down.No more empty promises Mr.Chairman .

That's all very well for you, Bill, but there are plenty of supporters for whom the current prices are far from being 'peanuts'.

What would you be willing to pay?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    That's all very well for you, Bill, but there are plenty of supporters for whom the current prices are far from being 'peanuts'.

What would you be willing to pay?
    If you believe that we are spending more money than over twenty clubs in this league,you are deluded.If that was the case ,which I think is very unlikely,we are wasting a hell of a lot of money through mismanagement. What we have seen in the last half dozen matches is a very poor standard.Plenty of supporters coming out of the ground were very disappointed.

What is the RUFC budget ?
    What is a "PROPER BUDGET"
    Warne, a "cheap option" ? What salary is he on ?
    Which manager would you prefer ? Whoever was brought in would still be on the same budget.
    I don't recall any promises by the Chairman or Manager.
    Loan players- it's a two way street, they come to get game time and put themselves in the 'shop' window and help us out. Would you have preferred not to bring Kieffer Moore to our club?
    We should be grateful clubs like Ipswich, Fulham, Brighton, Norwich a while ago allow their players to come to us. They could always send them to another club.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 26-11-2017 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Loan players- it's a two way street, they come to get game time and put themselves in the 'shop' window and help us out. Would you have preferred not to bring Kieffer Moore to our club?
    We should be grateful clubs like Ipswich, Fulham, Brighton, Norwich a while ago allow their players to come to us. They could always send them to another club.
    I've noticed that quite a few people seem to have forgot how loans works. It's never been a case of 'here, borrow this player from us and if he turns out to be brilliant you can have him for next to nothing.'

Certain people seem to think Ipswich are mugging us off by lending us a good player for 6 months, I really don't understand the logic.

What is the RUFC budget ?
    What is a "PROPER BUDGET"
    Warne, a "cheap option" ? What salary is he on ?
    Which manager would you prefer ? Whoever was brought in would still be on the same budget.
    I don't recall any promises by the Chairman or Manager.
    I want a pint of what your having. You don't see much wrong in anything. I'm opposite I can't see much good down there at the moment. I love TS but he's so badly advised. Having Paul Douglas there won't help. I can't for the life of me see what this head of recruitment has brought to the club. Signings this season have been abysmal. Our actual own signings would say Ihiewke & Williams are only 2 that are half decent. But according to most on here I don't know anything.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    I want a pint of what your having. You don't see much wrong in anything. I'm opposite I can't see much good down there at the moment. I love TS but he's so badly advised. Having Paul Douglas there won't help. I can't for the life of me see what this head of recruitment has brought to the club. Signings this season have been abysmal. Our actual own signings would say Ihiewke & Williams are only 2 that are half decent. But according to most on here I don't know anything.
    I don't drink on Sundays, not for a long while.

There's plenty wrong at the club and it's not going to be sorted straight away like a lot of fans want.
    Maybe Head of recruitment brought Kieffer Moore and Towell, to the club ,sorry you don't rate Towell or Ajayi do you.
    Head of recruitment only targets players with the help of his scouting network, ultimately the manager has to go watch them, decide if he's worth signing then approach the Chairman for the cash, maybe the players head of recruitment is recommending are out of our budget.
    Like I said plenty wrong at the club and it won't be sorted anytime soon.

EDIT: whats Paul Douglas got to do with it ?
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 26-11-2017 at 12:49 PM.

I don't drink on Sundays, not for a long while.

There's plenty wrong at the club and it's not going to be sorted straight away like a lot of fans want.
    Maybe Head of recruitment brought Kieffer Moore and Towell, to the club ,sorry you don't rate Towell or Ajayi do you.
    Head of recruitment only targets players with the help of his scouting network, ultimately the manager has to go watch them, decide if he's worth signing then approach the Chairman for the cash, maybe the players head of recruitment is recommending are out of our budget.
    Like I said plenty wrong at the club and it won't be sorted anytime soon.

EDIT: whats Paul Douglas got to do with it ?
    Douglas what happened with Rawson & the Blackststock fiasco. How's he still here. Met him, not the sharpest tool. Towell does he look overweight to you. Does to me. I'm not fussed with him. Ajayi has gone. Get shut.

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Douglas what happened with Rawson & the Blackststock fiasco. How's he still here. Met him, not the sharpest tool. Towell does he look overweight to you. Does to me. I'm not fussed with him. Ajayi has gone. Get shut.
    You know as fact that Douglas was at fault for Rawson.
    Blackstock was a desperation signing, fans clamouring for a striker, AS wanted him and ultimately the buck stops at the Chairman who sanctioned the deal.
    What would you like Paul Douglas to do, put his hand in his back pocket and pay the player / players agent out of his own money.
    Buck stops at the Chairman.

Have a nice day G.W.
    don't drink too many John Smiths....I wouldn't want you to start hallucinating and thinking we were about to sign Tony Towner, John Seasman, Ronnie Moore.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 26-11-2017 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MillerBill View Post
    If you believe that we are spending more money than over twenty clubs in this league,you are deluded.If that was the case ,which I think is very unlikely,we are wasting a hell of a lot of money through mismanagement. What we have seen in the last half dozen matches is a very poor standard.Plenty of supporters coming out of the ground were very disappointed.
    You didn't answer the question though, Bill. You want people to pay more, so how much have you got in mind? What do you think is a non-peanuts price for you to pay?

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast