+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Time to take stock

Time to take stock

It's always difficult to take a disappointing defeat but the game against Livi was always going to be tough especially after a bruising two games against a Montrose side. Funningly Montose play a similar style to Livi. Livi were the better team and won in the end but Lyle had two point blank headers saved at crucial stages and two of the visitors goals came from dead ball situations. To me Queens looked knackered and the midweek escapades may well have been a factor.

Naysmith will no doubt have them motovated for Tuesday and we have a further chance to close in on the leaders with the game against Caley on Saturday also crucial.

Meanwhile unlike some disgruntled punter I am still proud to wear my Queens shirt
    Last edited by QOS_MAD_ADMIN; 26-11-2017 at 12:52 PM.

That's very true Admin. I was thinking about the Lyle headers as well and goodness knows how the second one managed to squirm by the post. Having said that , I am now thinking of the Falkirk game we won 4-2 ( in the end up ) . The Bairns unluckily somehow found themselves three down after missing some absolute sitters and a fair amount of the play. All these games are balanced on a knife edge , likely to go either way . With the similarity in quality between all the teams , the few chances you get, you have to take. Our defence has been playing well but the strikers are not taking those few opportunities coming their way and it's costing us dearly.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 26-11-2017 at 01:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    That's very true Admin. I was thinking about the Lyle headers as well and goodness knows how the second one managed to squirm by the post. Having said that , I am now thinking of the Falkirk game we won 4-2 ( in the end up ) . The Bairns unluckily somehow found themselves three down after missing some absolute sitters and a fair amount of the play. All these games are balanced on a knife edge , likely to go either way . With the similarity in quality between all the teams , the few chances you get, you have to take. Our defence has been playing well but the strikers are not taking those few opportunities coming their way and it's costing us dearly.
    True the defence has been playing well - that is until yesterday - when Brownlie was bullied and unsettled the whole game
    and one of the the stars of this season Fordyce totally lost the Livi scorer at the first goal and then headed into his own net for the second.

Perhaps yesterday was similar to the 5-0 defeat from last season at home to Morton when too many players were hiding.

I've just finished a private email to someone who left at half time and I pointed out to them that on another day, - Queens could have had the result reversed. .....(albeit it would have been a freak!)

That second point blank save from Lyle was quite unbelievable, - but having said that our keeper had a brilliant save before Livi's first goal.

What I was most disappointed in was Dobbie complaining constantly to the ref about the corner that he wasn't awarded, - which eventually resulted in his pointless booking. What I would like to say to Dobbie is this: "After being the culprit for Livi's first goal, - you should have done your talking with the ball at your feet, - not at the referee."

I was also very disappointed in Jacob's insane tackle which looked deliberate for the sending off; - it was almost as if he was saying "I've had enough of this, - I'm leaving".

Sadly, Admin you are right, - Queens didn't look as though they were ready for the battle and they also looked completely knackered, - which is a bad advert for a full time team, - which doesn't bode well for tomorrow night and Saturday!

Come on Queens, - you're a full time outfit and you've got the chance to place yourself right back into the mix with a win tomorrow night and then ICT on Saturday.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Perhaps yesterday was similar to the 5-0 defeat from last season at home to Morton when too many players were hiding.
    Sincerely hope Saturday's result does not herald anything like the abysmal run that followed said Morton defeat last season !!!

Should we really be tired after playing Montrose?
    What happened to squad rotation

Deek you do make a good point which should have occurred against Montrose last Tuesday night.

Anyway, Queens have an opportunity to put the disappointment of Saturday behind them tomorrow night against Dumbarton, - and then they face another battle at Palmy on Saturday against Inverparkthebus Calley Thistle, - so its still all to play for!

I dont recall Dobbie getting a booking on Saturday, Jardi?

Quote Originally Posted by shugg1e1919 View Post
    Sincerely hope Saturday's result does not herald anything like the abysmal run that followed said Morton defeat last season !!!
    I sincerely hope not also. I reckon that defeat and subsequent bad run was down to goings on behind the scenes regarding Skelton's dismissal soon afterwards.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)