+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: OT - The Ashes

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Root says for much of the game we outplayed the Aussies!!!
    *******s!! For much of the game 2 ordinary sides! Then, when it mattered, England cowered in the corner!! Steve Smith showed how ordinary England's bowling was then the wimps came into bat! As usual, when you really need him, Cooke goes awol!! A few decent spells of FAST bowling and we brown stain our pants, then our slow medium 'couldn't frighten a mouse' bowlers (they ought to switch to crown green bowls!!) were made to look like pussies!!
    The truth Rootie is .... for much of the match we were poor (so were they) but when the Aussies begwn to remotely look like a test team we crept into our little burrows!
    Unless the batsmen grow a pair and the bowlers are given England conditions it could be 5-0!!
    Mostly agree but we lost the Ashes outside a Bristol nightclub a couple of months ago.

Cowering to pace again. You'd think they'd work on this kind of thing. Still, I'm sure Anderson's medium pace half volleys will see us through !

What gets me.
    Bt sports now have the live coveage offa Sky which is bad enough ,Why can't we have this on main stream tv like the footie

This pay per veiw sports in this country is getting out of hand .You get a title fight boxing match on Sky and they put it on box office the robbing ********
    I pay £80 for Sky and they have the cheek to put premium events on box office, can see a lot of footie going on this box office con eventually
    Has anyone taken bt sports just to watch the ashes cricket

Not even a highlights show on now

Has anyone tried Mobdro app for smart TV?
    Someone told me her hubby had 100% success streaming first test.

Quote Originally Posted by eddy779h34 View Post
    What gets me.
    Bt sports now have the live coveage offa Sky which is bad enough ,Why can't we have this on main stream tv like the footie

This pay per veiw sports in this country is getting out of hand .You get a title fight boxing match on Sky and they put it on box office the robbing ********
    I pay £80 for Sky and they have the cheek to put premium events on box office, can see a lot of footie going on this box office con eventually
    Has anyone taken bt sports just to watch the ashes cricket
    I already had one and the coverage has been pretty good

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Has anyone tried Mobdro app for smart TV?
    Someone told me her hubby had 100% success streaming first test.
    I have a number of friends who use various hacking methods to watch pay TV for free. Despite having a 'stick' to do so I don't approve of theft so it stays in a drawer

Mobdro works a treat on phone and tablet. PC version in the making. As Andy says it is "theft". I have the app on my phone and tablet but only use it half a dozen times a year as I have legal means of watching most sport I want to watch. Most of the time that I do use it, it is because I am not at home when the game is on so my conscience is reasonably clear. 45 minutes football uses about 450Mb of data so be careful with your data limit should you use it.

Question, Andy...... if you don't approve of said stick, why did you buy/acquire it in the first place?

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Mobdro works a treat on phone and tablet. PC version in the making. As Andy says it is "theft". I have the app on my phone and tablet but only use it half a dozen times a year as I have legal means of watching most sport I want to watch. Most of the time that I do use it, it is because I am not at home when the game is on so my conscience is reasonably clear. 45 minutes football uses about 450Mb of data so be careful with your data limit should you use it.

Question, Andy...... if you don't approve of said stick, why did you buy/acquire it in the first place?
    Ha, fair cop! My daughter's boyfriend 'upgraded' earlier in the year and gave me his old one! Like you, I will watch by 'illegal' means if it is a logistical thing (mainly watching abroad when I have a UK subscription - I use Filmon a lot) and my conscience is fairly clear. To me, if something is worth watching its worth paying the going rate for.
    Last edited by Andy_Faber; 28-11-2017 at 08:46 AM.

I have a RamsTV subscription but that does not include Sky/BT etc televised games. I still get to see those games though

The current government and the owner of Sky believe in market forces. Just maybe. If people stopped their subscriptions to Sky and all bought "sticks" or watched Mobdro or similar, income would fall and force subscription charges to drop too.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)