+ Visit Dundee FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Craig Thompson the Ref

Craig Thompson the Ref

I was enjoying that cup final,as it was getting feisty and Motherwell were starting to come into it and we're having a go,but then up pops the useless blob of shlte and destroys the game with a terrible decision and sends off the guy for phuck all.
    Get that w@nk out of the Scottish game.

100% agree. He is an incompetent arrogant tw@t of a man. As soon as I saw it was him reffing at the start, was just waiting for the blunder. Was shaping up to be a good 2nd half too. I switched it off

I'm not keen on technology for decisions apart from goal line but if make an exception for semis and finals.

Winning lc is no bigee for Celtic but huge for provincial teams.

Game ruined by incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by Returnofrros View Post
    I'm not keen on technology for decisions apart from goal line but if make an exception for semis and finals.

Winning lc is no bigee for Celtic but huge for provincial teams.

Game ruined by incompetence.
    Who is against the video technology? I think it might be the referees. They fail to understand that getting something right would help them enormously and it could help to stop the blatant cheating that is so prevalent in professional football. You see it all the time players asking for their opponents to be yellow carded.

Rugby has a qualified ref as the TV screen watcher and he can discuss the situation surrounding the incident. It holds the game up but at grounds like Hampden where cup finals etc are played it should most certainly be played back over the big screens so that the crowd can see the incident.

i am amazed that the SPFL has not insisted that TV replays are not mandatory for all internationals and important cup games. club power could perhaps force the change but perhaps the OF m would prefer to retain their democratic vote, 40 thousand voices speaking in unison so the poor ref is always on a hiding to nothing.

I think it might be the SFA/SPL ,at the moment the referees can officiate games and make decisions or non decisions usually in favour of the OF pretty sure we'd all agree on that.

How would decisions be decided on though ,maybe refs could still avoid situations that would favour our wee teams...!!!

I'm old enough now where I don't even bother about refs when we play the OF it's gone on forever and will continue to...

I do think the video refs work better in rugby. some of The decisions rugby refs are expected to make are impossible so it makes sense in that sport.

I think they are allowed to "go upstairs" for any decision which really wouldn't work in football.

Big games and for limited decisions is the way to try it out but for run of the mill league games....not for me.

Just as an aside I think showing them on the big screen could still allow the ref to be influenced by the crowd but admittedly to a lesser extent.

And if it was used last year against Well when Mitchell threw it in almost we might not have won that game ,worth it to see McGhee going tonto though.....

The player dived and conned the ref. Whatever you think of the ref the player was a cheating basturd.

The ref had a good veiw off it, he is wired up but doesn’t seem to wait to take advise, the red card was a worse decision than the penalty itself

Quote Originally Posted by noahrab View Post
    The player dived and conned the ref. Whatever you think of the ref the player was a cheating basturd.
    Exactly as had done at Dens in an earlier round. The refs will now be wise to him. Probably not Craig Thomson, he's an incompetent oaf

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)