+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 upfront

Quote Originally Posted by GingerPetric View Post
    Keatings was expected to be key but has been disappointing so far overall.

2 up top would be great in certain games but it would impact the role of Fraser (who was outstanding against Falkirk in the no. 10) - he’s just not as effective out wide.

I’m hoping Shabba has negotiated enough budget in January for a decent striker - a tall, powerful all rounder would be nice....or Nads!
    Would we have to play Fraser out wide in a 442? We have King and McMullan. Fraser could play in the middle 4 but not sure who would lose out to accommodate him. FWIW I think Csaba will want a couple out in Jan so he can bring in a centre forward.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Would we have to play Fraser out wide in a 442? We have King and McMullan. Fraser could play in the middle 4 but not sure who would lose out to accommodate him. FWIW I think Csaba will want a couple out in Jan so he can bring in a centre forward.
    442 with King, McMullan, and Fraser playing? We wouldn't be winning any midfield battle with that!

Fraser MUST play in number 10 position he’s our most gifted player by a absolute mile, he’s not a winger and he’s not a centre midfield, however we MUST also sign a big striker in January as we only have one option in a attacking sense and that is tippy tappy football! A big striker and a anotther winger is a MUST in jan

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    442 with King, McMullan, and Fraser playing? We wouldn't be winning any midfield battle with that!
    Like the way our midfield steamrollered the mighty Brechin? I'm not saying I'd play those 2 wide players 90 minutes every match but I would do for periods of matches.
    Scott McDonald has only 6 goals, averaging one every 192 minutes of playing time. We sign strikers then expect them to work miracles on their own from poor service.

We don't have the players to play 4 across the middle effectively. Plus it would mean dropping a decent player (Fraser or Stanton) for the sake of playing a ****e winger (McMullan). I'd rather have an attacking interchangeable 4 of Fraser, Stanton, King & Mcdonald than 2 flat banks of King, McMullan, Mcdonald and Keatings/N'Koyi. Played well, 4231 is a superb formation, as we showed against Falkirk.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    We don't have the players to play 4 across the middle effectively. Plus it would mean dropping a decent player (Fraser or Stanton) for the sake of playing a ****e winger (McMullan). I'd rather have an attacking interchangeable 4 of Fraser, Stanton, King & Mcdonald than 2 flat banks of King, McMullan, Mcdonald and Keatings/N'Koyi. Played well, 4231 is a superb formation, as we showed against Falkirk.
    4-2-3-1 is a good formation if you have the correct players to play it, we dont, we havent had it for years and persist with it, its a sh1te formation

I'd say we do have the players to play this now, having actually signed some wingers.

I'll disagree as both are poor IMO

After a great start, I agree about McMullan on current form. I think King has been great the last few weeks though.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post

It's obvious that the players we have are more suited to 4231 than 442, we saw that vs St Mirren and Falkirk

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)