+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2 upfront

2 upfront

This one upfront bothers me, always has if im honest, granted we've not alot of options but surely Keatings or Nkoyi partnering McDonald is a better option that a lone striker?

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    This one upfront bothers me, always has if im honest, granted we've not alot of options but surely Keatings or Nkoyi partnering McDonald is a better option that a lone striker?
    Agree dont think either are convincing anyone yet.

Worked fine vs St Mirren and Falkirk

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Worked fine vs St Mirren and Falkirk
    Just dont thin Keats or Nkoyi offer anything off bench just now. Not sure on Keats suspect there is an injury somewhere?? Nkoyi - I am struggling to see a player there.

I get what yer saying offshore I'm no keen on 1 up top either but our options are light by the looks of it, as shedka said it worked fine against falkirk previous week. Think we're gonna get a few of these performances until shabba can bring in a few of his own boys.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Just dont thin Keats or Nkoyi offer anything off bench just now. Not sure on Keats suspect there is an injury somewhere?? Nkoyi - I am struggling to see a player there.
    Think Laslo and McKinnon Sussed Nkoyi as well to be fair, never a player there unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    Keatings wasnt who i wanted to see off the bench yesterday, but he actually did manage to get a couple of wicked crossed in, one of which McDonald was inches away from, the other went over.

As for one up front, as in the Falkirk game, as long as there is the bodies to get up and support, then it can provide some very nice football. Put it up against teams like Livi and Brechin then the way they set up to stop us shows how flawed the system is. But yet again, we didnt have an option off the bench to change things enough to break a team like Brechin.

N'Koyi i thought there was a player there but he has flattered to deceive and i think he should be let go in the hope that Shabba has something up his sleeve!

Shabba appears to be a 4-4-1-1 or 4-2-3-1 manager,i cannie see the point in playing 442 if you do not have a good enough player to play up front with McDonald.Let's say he went with 2 up front using Nkoyi that would mean dropping a better midfielder to accommodate him.
    If we had Daly and Goodwillie at the club i'm sure we would go 442 no matter who the manager was,FACT.

I agree Keatings played surprisingly well on the left when he came on. Put a couple of quality crosses in.

Keatings was expected to be key but has been disappointing so far overall.

2 up top would be great in certain games but it would impact the role of Fraser (who was outstanding against Falkirk in the no. 10) - he’s just not as effective out wide.

I’m hoping Shabba has negotiated enough budget in January for a decent striker - a tall, powerful all rounder would be nice....or Nads!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)