+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Jorge Grant

In the Navigation before the game someone behind me said to his mate "Jorge Grant does f***all but score and brings nothing to the team"
    I know we are all in-titled to an opinion but really. If it wasn't for his goals and assist (forgive me if my maths are wrong)
    We would be around 9th.
    I did leave feeling annoyed but happy come 5 with the 3 points.

Just my little rant.

I can empathise with the comment made in the pub, me and my mates have had debates about his all round game. Wide players do get a raw deal as sometimes they will not get the ball consistently from one game to the next. Notts are no different. I would be interested to see the stats for all our wide players, how many touches and where those touches occur on a game by game basis.
    Jorge Grant is a good player, has contributed his goals and assists. However, there have been occasions where he has gone missing, I suppose this is what he can improve upon, and I am sure he will.

He offers little defensively, but he may be told by Nolan to not keep on tracking back. All of Colchester's early attacks came down the right hand side, we looked very open at times.

Another option would be to put Jones on the left and play Grant as an attacking midfielder just off Ameobi.
    Last edited by CmonUSexyStylishPies; 27-11-2017 at 08:03 AM.

It's not a crazy opinion, there have been a few games this season where he's done nothing but score which is why I don't think he'd bring a massive amount to Forest at Championship level if he went back there in January.

Good idea...say Jorge is about as useful as his spelling of George. He's proper rubbish and there's no way Forest will want him back. I see what we're doing here.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Good idea...say Jorge is about as useful as his spelling of George. He's proper rubbish and there's no way Forest will want him back. I see what we're doing here.
    Yes, good point Sidn can we do the same with another Notts player.... I think Dickie Duffy is the best defender I've seen at Meadow Lane since Dave Needham, Brian Stubbs and the great Pete Russell, I think he shows enough quality to return to any Championship side...

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    They won't want him back though, there's a massive difference between Championship level and League 2. To me, Ryan Yates is the better long term prospect, but they won't want him back either. He's developing very well where he is.

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    I know we are all in-titled to an opinion but really. If it wasn't for his goals and assist (forgive me if my maths are wrong) We would be around 9th.
    Not sure about your maths, but your logic is certainly wrong. You assume the player who took Grant's shirt would have managed zero goals and zero assists, which is very unlikely.

Unless we re-sign Stanley Aborah of course, in which case you would be spot on (snigger)!

Was talking to some guys in the Navi AFTER the game. This group had sat in the VIP seats, just in front of Warburton and Frank Clarke, ( photo shown to us to prove it ), and they heard Warburton say just after half time, quote," Not quite ready yet". They assumed it was Grant they were referring to.

If the lot across the river have any sense then they will leave Yates and Grant where they are for the rest of the season. I can't imagine either of them would be anything more than bench-warmers in the Championship which would not help the development of either player.

I agree that Grant and to a much lesser extent Yates can drift out of games and go missing at times but that's fairly normal for a player still learning their game.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast