+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jorge Grant

Grants doings great job some Notts fans are never happy!

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    ...they heard Warburton say just after half time, quote," Not quite ready yet". They assumed it was Grant they were referring to.
    Things he could also have been referring to:

- His bladder (for the loos)
    - A hot cup of coffee
    - A sketch he was doing of Kevin Nolan
    - The answer to a maths question Clarke had just asked him
    - Several other things

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    If the lot across the river have any sense then they will leave Yates and Grant where they are for the rest of the season. I can't imagine either of them would be anything more than bench-warmers in the Championship which would not help the development of either player.
    Correct. These two loan deals are working brilliantly for both clubs. Grant and Yates have made a big contribution to our great start, and will have already learned far more in League 2 than they would in two seasons of reserve football over the river.

I think it’s more likely Forest will sell him in January than go back there this season.

... yes, can I join you on this one Wedgie ... although I nearly choked at mentioning Mr D in the same vein as the colussus that was Peter Russell, you're absolutely right his true form emerged on Saturday (never mind that he had no one to mark) but I think AH/KN should be pricing him in the six figure bracket ready for offers in January.

Well he can carry on doing " f*** all but score " for me.

Quote Originally Posted by wossie View Post
    In the Navigation before the game someone behind me said to his mate "Jorge Grant does f***all but score and brings nothing to the team"
    I know we are all in-titled to an opinion but really. If it wasn't for his goals and assist (forgive me if my maths are wrong)
    We would be around 9th.
    I did leave feeling annoyed but happy come 5 with the 3 points.

Just my little rant.
    This would only be correct if we didn't replace him or his replacement didn't score any goals or provide any assists. If we assume that the player replacing him provided only half as many we'd still be in the playoffs.

EDIT: Sorry only saw Elite's post already covering this after I'd replied.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 27-11-2017 at 03:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Not sure about your maths, but your logic is certainly wrong. You assume the player who took Grant's shirt would have managed zero goals and zero assists, which is very unlikely.

Unless we re-sign Stanley Aborah of course, in which case you would be spot on (snigger)!
    Stanley Aborah and " snigger " in the same sentence ep , lucky your spelling is good.
    Last edited by navypie; 27-11-2017 at 05:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by navypie View Post
    Stanley Aborah and " snigger " in the same sentence ep , lucky your spelling is good.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    I think it’s more likely Forest will sell him in January than go back there this season.
    That wouldn't surprise me BFG, I can see perhaps a league one side coming in for him in January. I hope I am wrong, he can drift out of games as much as he likes as long as he keeps scoring and we keep winning

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast