+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: O/T Happy Clappers.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    So if that's right Steward 100 people voted out of lets say 4,000 ish that attend home games and they call that democracy...Try it for one game and lets see how it goes...Them's that want to can......and if it's a flop AH will have his answer....
    Only about 43% of the population that actually voted elected the present government and we call that democracy, so what's your problem.

Why don't the club sit 50 or so kids in the directors box and trial them in that part of the ground only.

AH can then make an informed decision as to whether he wishes to experience that every home game.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Only about 43% of the population that actually voted elected the present government and we call that democracy, so what's your problem.
    1) Just about everyone knew there was a vote going on, not just the twitterati
    2) Just about everyone who voted was a known person
    3) Just about everyone who voted was eligible to vote
    4) Just about everyone who voted only voted once

Other than that tw@tter is a great way of doing business, ask Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Maybe i961pie, but 66% of the population took the opportunity to vote...

The problem would be that anyone sitting next to a bunch of Happy Clappers is going to have to listen to the clappers whether they like it or not. There are enough pr@ts in the Kop making a racket kicking the seats in front of them as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Wedgie_pie View Post
    So if that's right Steward 100 people voted out of lets say 4,000 ish that attend home games and they call that democracy...Try it for one game and lets see how it goes...Them's that want to can......and if it's a flop AH will have his answer....

It was 56%-44% not just 56 people to 44 people. Something like 2357 'fans' voted in total.

Quote Originally Posted by purelybenjamin View Post
    Something like 2357 'fans' voted in total.
    and that is the problem with doing it on Social Media as AH has no idea who these 'fans' are, a point I don't think he appreciates. I'd wager that once the dark side got wind that Notts fans were against it that some of them voted for it.

Asking the fans who turn up or who buy season tickets seems a far more commonsense and businesslike approach.

I'm sure we had these had an England match a couple of years ago. It didn't really add much to the atmosphere. More of a racket really. Probably more likely to stop the singing rather than encourage it.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingMagpie View Post
    I'm sure we had these had an England match a couple of years ago. It didn't really add much to the atmosphere. More of a racket really. Probably more likely to stop the singing rather than encourage it.
    Hiring a gang of bargee's wives would be the logical answer.

In football terms, I’m trying to think of a more tragic sight than 4-5000 fans sitting in a 3 quarters empty stadium with those stoopid things. I can’t.

The best thing for the atmosphere at Notts is to get a crap ref. Certainly worked last Saturday.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast