+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Brace yourselves

Brace yourselves

14 hours till we're knocked off the top of the table.

I think a draw would be the ideal result tonight, or even better a postponement. ()

It's annoying though as I was hoping to be going into the games away to QOS and Morton with a few points lead to play with. Now thanks to Saturdays second half capitulation we have no margin of error.

Ach remember Ray said look at the table at xmas, let's do That, in Ray we trust 😂

A draw would be best but I wonder if we should be keeping more of an eye out for Livi than St Mirren.
    You were getting 25/1 for Livi at the start of the season. Falkirk were 11/4 2nd favs but they've imploded & are now 100/1!
    ICT & St Mirren were both 4/1 but now ICT are 50/1 & St Mirren are 2nd favs @ 7/4, we're 5/4. Livi are 11/2 3rd favs.
    Should be a good game tonite. Draw will do fine.

And we're back. Great result, shabba......

Looks like Scotty Fraser is on a roll

Yep we are but the game should have been over by half time, we could have easily shot ourselves in the foot, with some bad passing, exceptionally poor refereeing, penalty was Timesque. They won by a mile on the foul count but just edged it on bookings! We need to put teams to the sword and leave the result in no doubt. But glad and relieved at same time, I'm still sure the numpty in the middle was trying to find a way back for them, injury time at least 5 mins!

Quote Originally Posted by NOSCOTCAPS View Post
    Yep we are but the game should have been over by half time, we could have easily shot ourselves in the foot, with some bad passing, exceptionally poor refereeing, penalty was Timesque. They won by a mile on the foul count but just edged it on bookings! We need to put teams to the sword and leave the result in no doubt. But glad and relieved at same time, I'm still sure the numpty in the middle was trying to find a way back for them, injury time at least 5 mins!
    We weren't allowed to play football in the second half because their players were kicking out and giving away free kicks but no bookings. They were trying to force the game physically and the ref was more than happy to let them do that.
    Not sure if the initial pull for their penalty was outside the box either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutherland Arab View Post
    We weren't allowed to play football in the second half because their players were kicking out and giving away free kicks but no bookings. They were trying to force the game physically and the ref was more than happy to let them do that.
    Not sure if the initial pull for their penalty was outside the box either.
    Bunch of ****ing hammer throwers 2nd half but the ref kept letting them away with it , unbelievable! Morris' s body slam on fyvie could have been red. Anyway well done today Utd, great 3 points and saints losing was a bonus, good day all round

Good win today , felt we were pretty comfortable even after the penalty , perhaps due to them more intent on kicking our players than the ball , how Morris stayed on after the forearm smash on Fyvie I will never know , onwards and upwards

Quote Originally Posted by ianharab View Post
    Good win today , felt we were pretty comfortable even after the penalty , perhaps due to them more intent on kicking our players than the ball , how Morris stayed on after the forearm smash on Fyvie I will never know , onwards and upwards
    Morris also did that to Keatings and got away with it!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)