+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The hold that Celtic FC have over Scottish football

A truly heart-felt defence of Rangers International FC by a supposed 'Well fan? Make your own decision as to the motive of the poster.

Quote Originally Posted by sieb1886 View Post
    A truly heart-felt defence of Rangers International FC by a supposed 'Well fan? Make your own decision as to the motive of the poster.
    Yes because nothing says "truly heart-felt defence" quite like saying "they (Rangers) did what they did, got caught, name is mud" does it?

Attitudes like yours are another part of the same problem in this country with regards to Celtic in my opinion. Anyone who is or is seen to be over critical or calls them out for their behaviour and the control they have is then accused of being pro-Rangers. That is Celtic influenced propaganda in action right there.

Disliking Celtic does not equate to being pro Rangers and if you stop for a minute and think for yourself, using your own mind and ignore the Celtic minded/influenced voices inside your head then you would fully realise this.

I've never ever hidden my dislike of Celtic FC, their supporters and the whole ethos surrounding that club. They trade on being downtrodden victims with a holier than thou, pious outlook when the reality is they are nothing of the sort, they are a shower of sanctimonious, self righteous, cantankerous, hypocritical b4stards(support and club) who get away with murder in this country.

"Celtic Football Club, a club open to all" (the small print though reads "as long as you share our political and psuedo-moral high ground on all matters").

The hypocrisy they display turns my stomach.

Until this week I'd always felt that Celtic and Rangers/Sevco were as bad as each other, but this last week or so has convinced me that Celtic are currently worse. No doubt, its because playing them 3 times in 6 days was too much and it brought out the worst in them. Although I didn't know much about him I thought that Brendan Rodgers was a pretty decent sort. However the last few days he has led me to change my mind. He indulged in petty media mindgames before last weekend's final; refused to accept that his players cheated their way to 2 penalties and has now launched a classless and undignified personal attack on our Chief Operating Officer. He could learn a thing or two from how Stephen Robinson conducts himself in public.

Scott Brown did himself no favours either with his public pop at our fans for throwing coins on the pitch. Fair enough in that he was right, but he completely ignored his own fans throwing ripped off seats and a mobile phone charger at our fans. A selective memory perhaps. Celtic fans too let their club down badly with large scale vandalism in the South Stand and I'm just surprised that the Police haven't taken more of an interest. Unfortunately this wasn't a one off event.

Celtic are by far and away our richest and best footballing team right now and rightly sit at the top of the league but they really must start showing some dignity. There's only one thing worse than bad losers and thats bad winners. I sincerely hope that the SFA call Mr Rodgers to account for his comments but I can't see them having the bottle for that.

Celtic certainly appear worse because they're dominant, for all the issues Rangers have they're not good enough to be taken seriously at the minute. In time it will no doubt change.

I hope all at the club consider Rodgers going into full-blown wibble mode a testament to how well we've done against them this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Handsome_Devil View Post
    Celtic certainly appear worse because they're dominant, for all the issues Rangers have they're not good enough to be taken seriously at the minute. In time it will no doubt change.

I hope all at the club consider Rodgers going into full-blown wibble mode a testament to how well we've done against them this week.
    I wonder if, despite all the success, Brendan feels under a wee bit of pressure; OF fans are notoriously and irrationally demanding; they think that they should beat everyone all the time. In a Scottish context, Celtic are comprehensively doing that, year after year; in a European context, they are fighting for scraps; they are not, and will probably never be again, competitive at the top level in Europe. BR is savvy; he may be wondering how many trebles and league championships it will be before those fans start demanding more. He may not hang around to find out, especially if there are signs of a stronger challenge from Ibrox. (Like it or not, its going to happen; fifty thousand every fortnight will, eventually, work wonders).
    I should also say that I was very surprised that as a manager, he commented on the activities of someone who is not his equivalent, nor even involved on the playing side, at Fir Park.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    I wonder if, despite all the success, Brendan feels under a wee bit of pressure; OF fans are notoriously and irrationally demanding; they think that they should beat everyone all the time. In a Scottish context, Celtic are comprehensively doing that, year after year; in a European context, they are fighting for scraps; they are not, and will probably never be again, competitive at the top level in Europe. BR is savvy; he may be wondering how many trebles and league championships it will be before those fans start demanding more. He may not hang around to find out, especially if there are signs of a stronger challenge from Ibrox. (Like it or not, its going to happen; fifty thousand every fortnight will, eventually, work wonders).
    I should also say that I was very surprised that as a manager, he commented on the activities of someone who is not his equivalent, nor even involved on the playing side, at Fir Park.
    Maybe.

I think it's more likely he's just bought into the Celtic mentality.

Their fans will never demand more even if they briefly moan about their worst Euro results. So long as they're putting one over Rangers everyone at Parkhead is quite safe, that's all they really care about.

Brendan Rodgers is basically just a slimy, skeelit Celtic-type who comes across as fairly decent as long as things go his way and everyone blows smoke up his backside, but the minute he doesn't quite get everything his own way the mask slips and the real Celtic personality is revealed. Burrows has clearly rattled him this week and he isn't happy about it one bit, which is good to see.

On the subject of who's worse between them and Rangers, there is absolutely no question in my mind, Celtic are worse by a distance. Obviously just now they are more insufferable due to having a free shot at everything but even when they were toiling behind Rangers I still hated them far more, for the reasons I've mentioned above. Rangers are a club I have no fondness for nor wish to be associated with, but they and their support I find pretty harmless in the main, albeit a bit ridiculous. I take people as they come and although Rangers are 'the big, bad wolf' of Scottish football and society and it's the done thing to hate them, they have never given me any grief, certainly not football related anyway. They sing some songs people don't like and have a pretty backward looking attitude but the majority are friendly enough so their nonsense I can let go over my head. Celtic are the real enemy, not them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)